Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Quality Engineering Supply Chain Specialist
Sellafield Limited (SL) have a pipeline of Major Project work which will provide the essential infrastructure to support delivery of the SL mission. The Programme and Project Partnership (PPP) will deliver this critical infrastructure over a 20-year period. The PPP comprises 4 Lot Partners: Lot 1 Integration Partner (KBR), Lot 2 Engineering & Design Partner (Jacobs), Lot 3 Civil Construction Partner (Morgan Sindall Infrastructure) and Lot 4 Process Construction Partner (Doosan). Together with the 5th Partner – Sellafield Ltd, they form the PPP.
To deliver the PPP Business Case benefits, a series of high value complex Multi Project Procurement (MPP’s) framework agreements will be awarded to support project delivery over the next 18 years. The most important of these MPP’s are identified as Key Delivery Partners (KDP’s) which will provide the critical scopes required to deliver projects and the wider enterprise benefits.
PPP is seeking to appoint a Quality Assurance Supply Chain Specialist who will assist the MPP team and wider PPP project procurement teams, from Expression of Interest (EOI) stage through to award stage and possibly during ‘call-off’ and delivery stages. Duties include preparation and subsequent review and evaluation of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ’s) and Invitations to Tender (ITT’s). The role may include audit – both pre-award and post-award, and performance monitoring of the supply chain.
The role is also required to provide resilience to Project Quality Delivery teams in times of urgent resource needs.
The position can be based in Warrington or West Cumbria, or a combination of both, although agile working arrangements are available.
The role will report to the PPP Services Head of Quality but will provide quality expertise across all PPP functions, to support successfully delivery of the MPP frameworks.
Role Specific Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Qualifications and Experience:
• Membership of the Chartered Quality Institute
• Lead auditor qualification and extensive auditing experience
• Extensive experience in procurement processes
• Developing, analysing and reporting on Quality performance measures
• Experience of quality management throughout the delivery lifecycle of a Major Construction project
• Experience with Nuclear Contract Quality Requirements desirable
• Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Resourceful and well organised.
• Good IT skills: Microsoft Word, MS Excel, etc
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Good understanding of ISO 9001:2015
• Good understanding of ISO 19011:2018
• Good understanding of Quality Management Principles
Core Responsibilities and Duties
The main duties of the role require the successful candidate to provide quality support to the MPP team and wider PPP supply chain teams as follows:
• Authoring relevant work package PQQ and ITT questions, establishing scoring criteria, responding to any Tenderer quality queries, evaluating PQQ and ITT returns and providing post award feedback, as required.
• Development, monitoring / analysis and reporting against supply chain quality performance KPIs.
• Establish relationships with key stakeholders and provide quality support through effective engagement.
• Undertaking assurance activities, including but not limited to audit, surveillance, verification, validation.
• On-boarding successful supply chain partners through processes and a programme of education.
Further Specific Role requirements:
• Support the MPP Project Manager / Package Manager with quality aspects for the development and implementation of Supply Chain and Package strategies.
• Work with the MPP team to maintain the centralised vendor management portal with supply chain quality assurance policies, procedures, processes, templates and performance reports, as applicable.
• Identify key quality assurance supply chain trends and opportunities for improvement, for integration into the MPP and work package strategies.
• Work with other EHSSQ disciplines and PPP functional leads to ensure a collaborative and consistent approach to supply chain processes.
• Contribute to the identification of opportunities for improvement and innovative solutions.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.