Change Control Engineer
- Sellafield Limited (SL) has identified the need for project and program management support to deliver 17 major construction projects associated with developing the infrastructure required for the reprocessing and making safe of nuclear waste material, over a 20 year period programme duration. The support SL requires is being procured through the selection of 4 Program and Project Partners (PPP) to form an integrated team, including KBR.
- Project Controls and Commercial Services (PCCS) is the mechanism in which Sellafield Ltd have engaged KBR Ltd to provide Commercial and Project Controls Services to the portfolio of enterprise projects, in addition to the original PPP programme. Those services include the provision of some 150+ Commercial and Project Controls Professionals across the Sellafield Ltd network of Projects.
The Change Control Engineer’s duties will include, but not be limited to, assisting the PPP Change Control Manager in the day-to-day management of the PPP Change Control Procedure, with specific responsibilities including,
- Maintaining the PPP Change Control Register. Ensuring that it is up to date and is ready to provide management with an immediate snapshot of any particular Change.
- Ensuring that the Change Control Library is up to date.
- Compiling the agenda, and any other materials, for the fortnightly PPP Change Control Board.
- Undertaking quality assessments of all EWNs (and other documents) that are issued by all Stakeholders to ensure that they are:
- Valid under the definition of and Early Warning Matter in the Aligned Incentives Agreement.
- Contain a clear requirement for Change.
- Contain enough information to allow for a meaningful assessment by PPP Services Commercial and the PPP Change Control Board.
- Working with all stakeholders to ensure that all Changes are identified as early as possible and are passed through the Change Control process in a timely fashion.
- Working with the Reporting Team, providing them with the data required to ensure that the Change Control elements of all Monthly Reports are updated in accordance with the PPP reporting calendar.
- Liaising with Project Change Control Managers, maintaining an open dialogue and developing good working Change Control relationships (rather than just liaising via e-mail).
- Assisting in coaching those involved in Change Control to ensure that they understand and own their responsibilities and how to effectively use the Change Control Process.
- Maintain a Change Control LFE log.
- Undertaking secretariat duties at PPP Change Control Board when central secretariat representation is not possible, and at other Change Control forums, as and when required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent with experience of working within Programme & Project Controls Team on large volume Programmes.
- The ability to manage multiple work strands simultaneously, in a demanding environment.
- The ability to effectively interact and communicate with Programme members at all levels, including Senior and Executive Management.
- The ability to form good working relationships across a complex stakeholder environment and to be an influencer in enabling the implementation of Change Control.
- The ability to implement and follow complex Change Control processes.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with basic project management approaches and major project lifecycle phases.
- Previous experience of Sellafield is beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Experience of working remotely whilst conducting business in full.
- Experience of using workflows in SharePoint, Excel, PowerBI and Microsoft Teams.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.