Senior Hardware Engineer
KBR, is currently recruiting for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team in APG, MD to support our customer, Project Manager Intelligence Systems & Analytics – Army (PM IS&A).
Job Description :
- Support the setup and configuration of PM IS&A hardware.
- Continuously identify hardware requirements and assess hardware requirements against the software needs of the PM IS&A systems.
- Conduct trade studies to assess the most feasible options for hardware entering their end-of-life phase.
- Test and evaluate the hardware components and document the results.
- Provide engineering and technical assistance to support the system objectives and ensure an integrated approach to product delivery into the PM IS&A enterprise.
- Develop and review specifications, plans, analyses, modeling, simulations, and reports; and shall provide technical opinions to the Government.
- Provide specialized system engineering, program management, risk management, and process-based methodology.
- Provide technical support in the planning, authoring, and implementation of the PM IS&A Service Oriented Architecture.
- Apply a systems engineering approach to ensure that mission objectives and system criteria requirements are met.
- Review PM IS&A overarching requirements and provide input into the establishment of hardware and software requirements.
- Provide specialized system engineering and process-based methodology involving configuration support and process refinement.
- Perform verification and validation of architecture information to promote consistency, interoperability, and integration.
- Analyze system concepts and designs.
- Identify interoperability issues/gaps/shortfalls.
- Provide recommendations for optimization.
- Generate architecture-based analysis plans, technical assessments, white papers, and technical reports.
- Review and analyze System of Systems (SoS) and C4ISR architecture artifacts and baselines as well as participate in program reviews and make independent evaluations of technical adequacy and completeness of the evolving program architecture and architecture related activities.
- Prepare, review, and update existing engineering and technical documentation, as required, to support timely and effective acquisition milestones.
- Prepare/contribute and update the Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) as appropriate.
- Attend meetings and conferences to support knowledge transfer and to maintain the currency of technical documentation; meetings will be with national and executive agencies; higher headquarters; staffs; combatant commands of strategic interest, Joint Coalition, and Multinational partners.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least fifteen (15) years’ related work experience is required.
- Master’s Degree with twelve (12) years related experience may be substituted for required work experience.
Security Clearance/Additional Qualifications:
- Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI as required
- Certified and experienced in conducting Critical Functional Analysis (CFA)
Skills and Detailed Experience Required:
- Direct experience in the design, development, integration and analysis of hardware projects to include integration of protocols, virtual software applications such as VMWARE and common operating systems such as UNIX/RedHat Linux.
- Requires strong communication skills both verbal and written, skilled mechanical engineering, electronics engineering for Space, Weight, Environmental and Power or Electromagnetic Interference or Compatibility.
- Program Information experience in developing policy on protection of program technologies.
- Drafted and had approved Security Classification Guides.
- Experienced with briefing stakeholders (all levels to include O-6) on system analysis and test results for system components, architectural changes supporting EOL changes or configuration updates due to technological upgrades.
Less than 10% travel is expected for this position.
This job operates in a professional office and contractor operated environments. Employees will also work in test and integration labs, government depots, and test, evaluation and proving grounds as required.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team.
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines.
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies.
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full?time position, Monday through Friday. Flexible hours are available within core hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.