Senior Hardware Engineer
KBR, is currently recruiting for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our team in APG, MD to support our customer, Project Manager Intelligence Systems & Analytics – Army (PM IS&A).
Job Description :
- Support the setup and configuration of PM IS&A hardware.
- Continuously identify hardware requirements and assess hardware requirements against the software needs of the PM IS&A systems.
- Conduct trade studies to assess the most feasible options for hardware entering their end-of-life phase.
- Test and evaluate the hardware components and document the results.
- Provide engineering and technical assistance to support the system objectives and ensure an integrated approach to product delivery into the PM IS&A enterprise.
- Develop and review specifications, plans, analyses, modeling, simulations, and reports; and shall provide technical opinions to the Government.
- Provide specialized system engineering, program management, risk management, and process-based methodology.
- Provide technical support in the planning, authoring, and implementation of the PM IS&A Service Oriented Architecture.
- Apply a systems engineering approach to ensure that mission objectives and system criteria requirements are met.
- Review PM IS&A overarching requirements and provide input into the establishment of hardware and software requirements.
- Provide specialized system engineering and process-based methodology involving configuration support and process refinement.
- Perform verification and validation of architecture information to promote consistency, interoperability, and integration.
- Analyze system concepts and designs.
- Identify interoperability issues/gaps/shortfalls.
- Provide recommendations for optimization.
- Generate architecture-based analysis plans, technical assessments, white papers, and technical reports.
- Review and analyze System of Systems (SoS) and C4ISR architecture artifacts and baselines as well as participate in program reviews and make independent evaluations of technical adequacy and completeness of the evolving program architecture and architecture related activities.
- Prepare, review, and update existing engineering and technical documentation, as required, to support timely and effective acquisition milestones.
- Prepare/contribute and update the Systems Engineering Plan (SEP) as appropriate.
- Attend meetings and conferences to support knowledge transfer and to maintain the currency of technical documentation; meetings will be with national and executive agencies; higher headquarters; staffs; combatant commands of strategic interest, Joint Coalition, and Multinational partners.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- At least fifteen (15) years’ related work experience is required.
- Master’s Degree with twelve (12) years related experience may be substituted for required work experience.
Security Clearance/Additional Qualifications:
- Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI as required
- Certified and experienced in conducting Critical Functional Analysis (CFA)
Skills and Detailed Experience Required:
- Direct experience in the design, development, integration and analysis of hardware projects to include integration of protocols, virtual software applications such as VMWARE and common operating systems such as UNIX/RedHat Linux.
- Requires strong communication skills both verbal and written, skilled mechanical engineering, electronics engineering for Space, Weight, Environmental and Power or Electromagnetic Interference or Compatibility.
- Program Information experience in developing policy on protection of program technologies.
- Drafted and had approved Security Classification Guides.
- Experienced with briefing stakeholders (all levels to include O-6) on system analysis and test results for system components, architectural changes supporting EOL changes or configuration updates due to technological upgrades.
Less than 10% travel is expected for this position.
This job operates in a professional office and contractor operated environments. Employees will also work in test and integration labs, government depots, and test, evaluation and proving grounds as required.
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team.
- Must have good inter-personal, writing, and verbal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be responsive to schedule and task deadlines.
- Must be willing and capable of working with teams of Government and Contractors across multiple companies.
- Must be able to multitask; the successful candidate will be effective on simultaneous projects at various stages of completion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full?time position, Monday through Friday. Flexible hours are available within core hours. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.