Principle Technical Professional
Instrumentation and control system Engineer
- Assigned to be as leading Process Control Engineer/Coordinator to look after different project complexes and attend P&ID Review meetings ( internal as well as with client)
- Provide Process Control support to all Project/ Process engineers (Ammonia, Olefins, Refining, Hydroprocessing, etc.) for generating Basic Instrument Specifications for the projects following Work Process Guideline/ Procedures and Quality Assurance Plan.
- Preparation and Back check of cause and effect diagrams and basic process control narratives and instrumentation specifications generated by less experienced process control engineers in different technologies i.e Hydro processing, Ammonia Technologies.
- Participation in HAZOP and 3D reviews as required.
- Attending P&ID Review Meetings.
- Develop Instrumentation and Control Systems which include Develop Process Flow diagrams and P & I diagrams (basic controls and instrument selection).
- Suggest Control Philosophy and Interlock Narratives Development of Control and interlock schemes
- Good command over Sizing of Control valves and Flow elements and preparation of data sheets
- Preparation of all kinds of Instrument Specifications and data sheets (i.e. Pressure/ Flow/ Level Transmitters, Thermowell / RTD,Analyzers, Datasheets and their Specification
- Preparation of alarm and set point summary.
- Preparation of Process Control & Instrumentation Specifications in BED Stage.
- Study and updation of P & I Diagrams, of different technologies.
- Good Presentation skills and capable of guiding and explaining Process Controls to other engineers
- Coordination with Overseas offices as a member of Process Control Group.
- Define and elaborate process requirements to other design disciplines .
- Checking of equipment data sheets / specifications & evaluation of vendor offer.
- Commissioning/ operational experience at site including field instrumentation and logic check.
- Attending clients at site for resolving different process/P&ID issues etc.
- Checking of plant interlocks, logic in DCS/PLC.
- Carry out fine-tuning of different plant controllers and performance guarantee test of different plants.
- Work as LEAD in different projects.
- Well versed in Important Instrumentation standards.
- Technical scrutiny of vendor documents commenting.
- Resolving technical issue of clients. Liaison with vendors for latest product and analyzing technically for vendor acceptance.
- Review technical specification for DCS/safety PLC based systems.
- Review the vendor offers DCS/safety PLC based systems.
- Demonstrate understanding and develop functional description / Cause and Effect matrix / IPF, narratives etc.
- Checking the control logics and Interlocks in DCS/Safety PLC system.
- Interpretation of Cause and effect, Interlock narratives, complex control narratives and prepare block diagrams logic diagrams ( FBD) and implement in DCS and PLC.
- Should have clear understanding of P&ID showing control loops, Interlocks
- Experience in Field Bus concept/design
- Knowledge in INtools, InstruCalc, Flowel or similar softwares.
- Preparation and Checking of Instrumentation Design Documents like Instrument Specification, Datasheet, Material Requisition, Technical Bid Evaluation, Functional Design Specification, Instrument Index, I/O List, Cause and Effect, Functional Logic diagram, Loop diagram, Hook up Drawings etc. Special Instrument and its sketches/ installation diagram (Hookups); Connection summary / Level Sketches and BOM; Able to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Smart Plant Instrumentation: Instrument Index, Data Sheet, Data Import/Export, Reports generation,
- Familiar with International Code and standards: IEC, ASME, ASTM, ISO, ISA
- Technical Review of P&IDs (Understanding of control schemes : Cascade, Feed forward, Override etc)
- Coach new engineers and Mentor less experienced Process Control engineers on interpretation and application of Instrument/ Process Control Guidelines/ Tools
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.