Senior Computer Network Architect
KBR is seeking a Senior Computer Network Architect to use their skills to support our Counter -UAS efforts in Lexington Park, MD.
Position Description/Job Responsibilities:
- Assists in the analysis of local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices
- Assists with resolving routine inter-operability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like
- Configures routine systems to user environments
- Supports acquisition of standard hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed Recognized as an external (Industry) thought leader within a strategic family or discipline
- Influences the strategy for the Group to address internal or external business and regulatory/compliance issues
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems that impact the management and direction of the business for assigned Group
- May participate in the development of the product or business strategy for the Group
- Guides multidisciplinary projects or initiatives
- Progression to this level is typically restricted on the basis of business requirements
- Recognized as an individual with advanced expertise which may span multiple disciplines
- Individuals in this category are often viewed as experts within the Industry and/or may be viewed as a consultative authority in matters within the realm of their responsibility
- Requires broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies within own job family and/or its related disciplines
- Requires broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies within own job family or discipline
- Influences internal/external customers and/or industry issues that have an impact on the business
- Mentors and advises teams on highly visible multi-disciplinary projects or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts Unit/Division/Group direction through the development of innovative services or products; works within customer requirements
- May oversee technology capital and operating budget, assess financial impact of proposed solutions and reallocate resources to optimize achievement of strategic objectives
- May provide input into research and development activities and budget allocations
- Collaborates with senior management, customers, governmental agencies, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
- May have formal, but limited, supervision of team members at a Department level to include verification of timecards, oversight of daily tasks/schedules and input into performance appraisals
- May have resource responsibility such as staffing levels and budgets. May be the primary customer contact for assigned area of responsibility
- Performs tasks with little or no guidance and has demonstrated knowledge in the area of engineering expertise
- Will design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures
- Leads the execution of complex tasks
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering with ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of experience in Computer EngineeringOR
- Master’sDegree in Computer Engineering with six (6) to ten (10) years of experience in Computer Engineering
- MUST have or the ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Design network and computer security measures preferred
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software preferred
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.