Diego Garcia: Diesel Engine Service Technician – Contingency
- Provide Power Plant Service technician with extensive knowledge and experience in Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) diesel engines prime power generators ranging from 100 KW – 4400 KW. Technician provides direct field technical support of CAT diesel engines in Power Plant and Emergency Plant applications.
- Technician is responsible for the maintenance of Power Plant Diesel Engine Generators used for prime power service and provides technical expertise in effectively troubleshooting engine performance and early identification of problems, effectively communicating issues, root causes, diagnosing and repairing mechanical issues and applying necessary corrective actions.
- Technician leads power plant mechanics in completing scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI), including overhauls.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnose and repair any issues found during testing.
- Conduct scheduled engine PMI’s, including overhaul.
- Conduct failure investigations using the CAT Applied Failure Analysis process and reporting timely results.
- Adjust engine operating parameters as necessary to ensure efficient engine performance.
- Ensure availability of diagnostic tools and that spare parts inventory stock levels are maintained.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have Service, Product Support, or Training experience in CAT engines for Power Plant applications.
- Must be proficient with estimating time required to complete tasks.
- Must have a strong ability to apply diesel engine operation principles to quickly solve complex technical problems.
- Must be flexible in work hours and may be required to react on a very short notice to a problem in the system.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Certified Caterpillar Generator Diesel Engine Mechanic
- C280 Engine Master Mechanic (Course 40809) EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Operation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of CAT C280 Marine Diesel Generator Engines and Auxiliaries. Must have extensive knowledge of all technical aspects of CAT C280 Marine Service Diesel Engines from the component part to the system level (cooling systems, fuel systems, lubrication system, etc.) to the application interface and auxiliaries (vessel controls, mounting, drivetrain, and piping connections).
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.