Diego Garcia: Diesel Engine Service Technician – Contingency
- Provide Power Plant Service technician with extensive knowledge and experience in Caterpillar Inc. (CAT) diesel engines prime power generators ranging from 100 KW – 4400 KW. Technician provides direct field technical support of CAT diesel engines in Power Plant and Emergency Plant applications.
- Technician is responsible for the maintenance of Power Plant Diesel Engine Generators used for prime power service and provides technical expertise in effectively troubleshooting engine performance and early identification of problems, effectively communicating issues, root causes, diagnosing and repairing mechanical issues and applying necessary corrective actions.
- Technician leads power plant mechanics in completing scheduled Preventative Maintenance Inspection (PMI), including overhauls.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Diagnose and repair any issues found during testing.
- Conduct scheduled engine PMI’s, including overhaul.
- Conduct failure investigations using the CAT Applied Failure Analysis process and reporting timely results.
- Adjust engine operating parameters as necessary to ensure efficient engine performance.
- Ensure availability of diagnostic tools and that spare parts inventory stock levels are maintained.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have Service, Product Support, or Training experience in CAT engines for Power Plant applications.
- Must be proficient with estimating time required to complete tasks.
- Must have a strong ability to apply diesel engine operation principles to quickly solve complex technical problems.
- Must be flexible in work hours and may be required to react on a very short notice to a problem in the system.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Certified Caterpillar Generator Diesel Engine Mechanic
- C280 Engine Master Mechanic (Course 40809) EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in Operation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of CAT C280 Marine Diesel Generator Engines and Auxiliaries. Must have extensive knowledge of all technical aspects of CAT C280 Marine Service Diesel Engines from the component part to the system level (cooling systems, fuel systems, lubrication system, etc.) to the application interface and auxiliaries (vessel controls, mounting, drivetrain, and piping connections).
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.