Diego Garcia: Power Plant SCADA Technician – Contingency
- Provide qualified Power Plant Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Technician to operate and maintain generation control system.
- The technician is responsible for operations and maintenance, programming, and troubleshooting of the communication channels connecting computers with remotely controlled equipment, as well as the equipment in the network in the Diesel Electric Power Plant. The Power Plant SCADA Technician shall also be responsible for reviewing new equipment installations for compatibility with existing control systems and provide coordination with contractors during controls check-out and testing. This system is used to automate process, monitor, and collect data on the remote and multiple devices in dispersed locations utilizing programmable logic controller (PLC) technology and MODBUS.
- The SCADA Technician is to ensure the reliability, security and operational status of the system and that components of the control system are functioning properly.
- Technician will manage settings and deploy the correct security protocols across the networks. Technician will also perform a variety of technical tasks in support of the SCADA system to include setting up the systems, installing, maintaining and calibrating equipment as well as constant monitoring for performance. In cases of a failure anywhere in the system, technician must respond rapidly to diagnose and execute repairs and minimize downtime.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive, install, configure and calibrate equipment, servers, networks and other components.
- Conduct maintenance and upgrades.
- Monitor data communications.
- Respond quickly to system emergencies.
- Troubleshoot PLC circuit and system faults.
- Use-test and troubleshoot equipment and software to diagnose and repair malfunctions.
- Set and monitor alarm functions.
- Calibrate test equipment.
- Manage access to the system.
- Manage inventory of equipment and software.
- Maintain all license and support contract documentation.
- Comply with all accepted change control procedures.
- Understand and comply with applicable federal and state regulatory agency reporting and documentation requirements.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be flexible in work hours and may be required to react on very short notice to a problem in the system. JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Requires 5 years minimum experience in Operation, Maintenance, and Troubleshooting of SCADA Systems and must be familiar with Windows Server, GE Power Management Control System (PMCS), GE Cimplicity and KEPWare platform.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.