Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Job Requisition Template:
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cyber Engineer, Senior to join our team in the Chantilly, Virginia, area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs engineering support and system administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore.
- Provides subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules, filters, and custom content for specialized cybersecurity systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Systems Engineering best practices related to Cyber Operations.
- Analyzes cyber system enterprise level requirements against approved architectures and system roadmaps. Develops recommendations to approve or reject requirements.
- Administers cybersecurity test beds and tests and evaluates new cybersecurity applications or tools, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of cybersecurity platforms.
- Provides Tier 2 maintenance support for deployed cybersecurity technologies.
- Supports Assessment and Authorization activities related to cybersecurity technologies.
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any cybersecurity tools within the enterprise and develops recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Minimum Education: B.S. or relevant experience in related field.
- Minimum/General Experience: 2-4 years of related experience.
- Experience shall be in a related security technology or discipline such as Identity and Access Management, Cybersecurity Operations, Cybersecurity Engineering, IT Security Audit, and Information Assurance.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
- IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+, SSCP, or CCNA-Security) certification
- Expertise in cybersecurity enterprise scanning and continuous monitoring, enterprise host/network security and intrusion detection.
- Expertise with COTS cybersecurity tools including at least one of the following: HBSS (McAfee endpoint suite), ACAS (Tenable/Nessus), SIEM technologies, RSA Archer, Redseal, and FireEye host/network security products.
- Expertise with cybersecurity architectural principles such as defense in depth, resilience, and integrated security operations.
- Ability to convert functional cybersecurity requirements into system requirements.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must possess an active TS/SCI w/ a CI polygraph.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.