Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Job Requisition Template:
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Network Intrusion Detection Specialist Skill Level 3 to join our team in the NSAW.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide advisory network intrusion services in terms of Computer Network Defense analysis supporting active security monitoring missions in the technical domain areas of Internet protocols (i.e., TCPIIP and IPSec). Computer Networks Theory and practices, and Network Security
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend new opportunities for active/holistic defense against adversarial activities based on vulnerability information to protect agency networks, devices, and information.
- Assess and advise of risk mitigation techniques, guidance, and best practices in defending against the most critical cyber threats on a continuous basis
- Analyze and evaluates recommendations for system improvements, optimization, development, and maintenance efforts in the following specialties:
- Information systems architecture
- Telecommunications; automation
- Communications protocols
- Risk management/electronic analysis
- Software life cycle management
- Software development methodologies
- Modeling and simulation
- Identify and document triage data gaps in order to determine how to help posture on cyber related issues
- Collaborate with Government to discuss/resolve technical issues and/or changes in operating scope
- Document and brief Government technical and management staff as required
- Investigate, develop, and apply statistical methods, counterintelligence and computer forensic analysis techniques to enhance network security and mitigate malicious threats
- Perform risk management. Identify monitoring risks and determine the administrative or engineering means to mitigate the risk
- Discover, characterize, and assess anomalous network and platform activity on various information systems
- Provide first instance threat actors analysis and reports
- Evaluate and document identified cross-domain violations and submit findings for analysis and report generation
- Survey network traffic for high priority malicious attacks, anomalous traffic, or other incidents of interest
- Provide initial event analysis assessing risk and vulnerability implications for agency technologies and customers
- Advise incident response team of risk mitigation measures and modifications to operational priorities based on Information Assurance (IA) vulnerability information
- Provide validation of cyber events vulnerability analysis for mission elements.
- Identify potential areas for deeper dive analysis of threat and vulnerabilities
- Advise of tools employment to discover new cyber threat actors
- Provide cause and effect analysis of new/potential sources of unauthorized access to networks, databases, and systems and potential mitigation strategies
- Assess network topologies to understand data flows through networks and provide mechanisms to tip countermeasures
- Provide reports detailing adversarial capabilities, exploits, Cyber activity, and vulnerabilities in addition to mitigation techniques and best practices in defeating threats
- Investigate and advise of innovative solutions to threat-monitoring challenges; validate implementation of enterprise-level networking and security solutions in addressing said challenges
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience OR a Master’s degree and 6 years of experience OR a Ph D. and 4 years of experience
- 3 years' experience with commercial/government off-the-Shelf and/or Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) Intrusion Detection Systems and frameworks
Preferred Qualifications: None
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.