ACE Spacecraft Lead Engineer
KBR is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer for the Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) spacecraft and as a member of the Multi-Mission Operations Center (MMOC) team. The ACE Lead Engineer, working with the MMOC Lead and reporting to the MMOC Operations Manager, is responsible for oversight of the real-time spacecraft operations for the ACE spacecraft.
Tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the ACE spacecraft
- Train and certify in ACE Real-Time Operations, ACE Attitude Operations and ACE Maneuver Planning Operations
- Directing ACE’s real-time activities including:
- the health and safety evaluation of spacecraft subsystem performance
- performing regular attitude and quarterly station keeping maneuvers
- executing special instrument commanding requests
- responding to non-nominal conditions by taking pre-authorized action
- assisting in identifying and correcting spacecraft issues
- managing the onboard solid-state recorders and ensuring all science data is captured
- monitoring the trending and analysis data for the spacecraft on a daily, weekly, monthly, and long-term basis
- Facilitating process improvements for ACE and MMOC Operations
- Developing projects and tasks to improve operational efficiency, effort, or accuracy in daily tasks
- Updating/Creating spacecraft documentation (SOPs, Checklists, etc.) to maintain information to current operations and disseminate information to team
- Other, as required
- Providing System Engineering support to on-going MMOC transition activities (e.g. RedHat upgrade, Integrated Test and Operations System (ITOS) upgrade, Multiuser Space Link Extension upgrade, etc.)
- Augment the operations expertise provided by the MMOC Lead, with broad operational knowledge and overall mission perspective
- Coordinate and perform hardware, software & interface tests as directed
- As an FOT leader, ensure that we continue to deliver a quality product to our customer. Work in concert with the entire team to ensure that sound engineering and operations processes are practiced and continuously improved
- Represent the ACE mission at routine, ad hoc, and other periodic meetings, including but not limited to: MMOC Status Meeting, Quarterly Review, Root Cause and Corrective Action Review Board. Submit inputs for ACE weekly and Quarterly Reports
- Perform other assigned duties within the scope of the contract as the situation dictates
Required Education / Experience :
- BS in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline
- 5 + years related expereince
- Minimum of 3 years of spacecraft operations experience including spacecraft subsystem engineering
- Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail
Desired Experience / Skills :
- Proficient in Perl/scripting
- Deep background in satellite flight operations and data processing; previous ITOS experience
- Experience with Flight Dynamics and Orbit Determination
- Experience in development and re-engineering activities
- Strong problem skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Be pro-active and confident, as well as a team-player who is able to interface with technical and management personnel
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.