The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) is an exciting model to work in. Four world class organisations have come together as one team, with Sellafield Ltd, to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
PPP is set to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy, through long-term partnerships.
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The partnership is made up of four lots and Sellafield Ltd, as 5th Partner, to help deliver the site's decommissioning programme:
- Kellogg Brown and Root Ltd (KBR) - integration partner
- Jacobs - design and engineering partner
- Morgan Sindall Infrastructure - civils construction management partner
- Doosan Babcock Ltd - process construction management partner
Sellafield Ltd will work collaboratively with the four lot partners, to deliver major projects in support of the site’s 100-year decommissioning programme.
The new approach is set up to support faster, more effective project delivery, stability in design and construction supply chains, greater workforce flexibility, and local economic benefit.
Project Controls and Commercial Services (PCCS) is the mechanism in which Sellafield Ltd have engaged KBR Ltd to provide Commercial and Project Controls Services to the portfolio of enterprise projects, in addition to the original PPP programme. Those services include the provision of some 150+ Commercial and Project Controls Professionals across the Sellafield Ltd network of Projects.
Warrington or Cumbria
Manage complex and routine procurement and supply chain management activities including strategy development, price analysis, negotiation and contract placement, management and close out in order to contribute to the successful performance or programmes and/or projects and to support the achievement of PPP and Sellafield Ltd business objectives.
PPP Services – Supply Chain Team
- Manage Contracts / Categories and may lead on a framework, project, special works, or design.
- Support and/or lead t procurement and develop project procurement strategies
- Review and refresh subcontractor supply chain to ensure it continues to meet the needs of PPP and our customers
- Input to subcontractor selection and the development of project tender lists.
- Lead the development of supply chain bid input / responses
- Deliver work that meets project requirements, customer satisfaction and in accordance with PPP standards
- Support project delivery and ensure the Supply Chain is safe and sustainable
- Seek out innovations to differentiate and improve PPP through engagement and interaction with our supply chain
- Play a major role in ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental Policies are delivered
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager in the implementation of the PPP Supply Chain Strategy for their area(s) or sector(s), and support the development and implementation of the PPP Supply Chain Plan
- Drive maximum value from the supply chain through effective supply chain selection, segmentation, relationship management and development, and robust performance management
- Implement the Supply Chain Strategy and deliver the PPP Supply Chain Plan
- Ensure an effective supply chain structure is in place for their area or sector, with clear ownership of key subcontractor relationships, whilst ensuring a consistent approach across PPP
- Strive to improve the performance of the supply chain, including driving innovations and best practice, through ongoing engagement, assessment and intervention.
- Own key supplier and subcontractor relationships, and/or ensure a relationship owner is identified
- Drive value through subcontractor and supplier engagement and trading (with suppliers)
- Comply with all legislative, regulatory and procedures and standards appropriate to the role
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in the delivery of change internally and externally using project and program management skills to ensure projects are completed successfully.
- Existing knowledge of electronic procurement systems. Competent in the use of MS Office.
- Assume responsibility – organising and guiding where necessary
- Able to call upon and manage diverse skills and methods to deliver results
- Interpret a plan and decide what resources are required
- Ability to choose most appropriate style of communication. Able to listen actively by hearing and interpreting with the ability to explain the effects to colleagues.
- Capacity to set goals for self and others. Understand how teams work and how to lead one. Assume responsibility and organising and guiding where necessary.
- Lead others to implement effective planning, problem-solving and decision-making. Build opportunities for cooperation with others. Understand strengths and weaknesses of team members and work with them to good effect
- Rational and systematic analysis of situation to enable decisions on more varied issues
- Create appropriate networks of people internally and externally whilst anticipating the needs and concerns of others and understand ambition and manager expectations.
- See potential of new ideas and situations, demonstrate sound questioning techniques to evaluate situations.
Qualifications Skills and Experience
- Membership of/commitment to or studying for Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply (CIPS) qualifications or other relevant equivalent professional qualification (Including a relevant degree)
- Experience working in procurement/supply covering a broad range of products and services
- Knowledge and/ or a commitment to develop strong working knowledge of Open Journal of European Union (OJEU) and Public Contract Regulations
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and guidelines e.g. NEC3 terms and conditions
- Relevant experience in a procurement, supply chain or commercial role and knowledge of both subcontract and materials procurement practices and processes
- Experience of engaging with both existing and prospective suppliers and/or subcontractors; engaging and interfacing at senior management level
- Understanding of sub-contract and supplier terms and conditions and experienced in managing tenders / bids
- Management skills and experience with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance and to use judgement and make effective timely decisions
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to deliver projects to demanding deadlines
- Ability to work with senior management to set project and operational targets
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills and the ability to make a sound business case to senior stakeholders
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across multiple units or areas and to ensure standards and specifications are met
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.