Diego Garcia: Quality Manager
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Contractor's quality management program and assure that subcontractors implement a Quality Management program, which meet the requirements of this contract.
- Administers the Contractor's Quality Management program and report directly to the Contractor's corporate management.
- Have full authority to coordinate the rework of non-conforming work and have full responsibility for assuring performance objectives and standards identified in this contract are met.
- Responsible for overall development, implementation, execution, and continuous improvement of the Quality Management functions within the KBR-DG Base Operations Support Services Project.
- Provides overall project-wide oversight on quality and requirements compliance matters on both QA/QC functions.
- Works closely with the Annex Managers on quality matters and recommends actions to correct non-conformances preventive measures to reduce recurrence of non-conformances, and continuous process improvement actions.
- Ensures Annex specific work instructions are developed, implemented, controlled and analyzed for continuous improvement.
- Reports performance against both internal and client quality through QA/QC inspection results.
- Promotes awareness of contractual requirements throughout the project.
- Establishes metrics to identify trends for inspections, non-conformances root causes and corrective/preventive actions at minimum.
- Serves as liaison with external parties on matters related to quality, process variation, rigorous process discipline, prevention activities and process improvements, including coordination of corrective actions.
- Reviews the Quality Management Plan, as required, to assess its effectiveness and accuracy and recommending changes or improvements; examine optimum efficiency and evaluating compliance with KBR-DG Base Operating Support Services Project contractual requirements. BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 and/or 9001:2015.
- Must be a self-motivated and versatile manager with strong leadership characteristics and strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and follow-through to completion on multiple tasks, under strict deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must possess administrative, organizational, and computer skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid and be able to obtain driver’s license with restriction code at least 2. JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAININGS
- Professional certification as Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) from the American Society for Quality (ASQ) is highly desired. EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Industrial, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering and scientific fields, based on a four-year course of study from a U.S. or U.K. accredited college or university or equivalent institution. EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience as a Quality Control Engineer or experience gained by performing specialized work in a closely related professional occupation such as Industrial Engineering or other engineering and scientific fields.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience running a proactive and robust Quality Management program for a multi-function service contract. Prior management experience is highly desirable.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.