In this role you will be a member of the team supporting the Land Border Integration (LBI) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program. The position will be supporting the various border security efforts of CBP and may include:
biometric technologies such as facial recognition, RFID enabled documents, license plate reading technologies, data analytics, IoT, and other border security technologies. Come and join our team so you too can contribute in making our borders even safer than they are today.
Day to day activities:
- Lead team organization and project meetings to include Agile SCRUM practices, customer, and team daily stand-ups.
- Design and develop .Net applications including middleware applications, user interface applications (java script framework), and web services applications
- ·May also include developing and integrating with Microsoft SQL server databases
- Develop software design documentation which may include design diagrams, data flow diagrams, software module descriptions, etc.
- Use Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools to include Microsoft Visual Studio and GIT
- Manage software testing activities to include data setup, defect troubleshooting and resolution
- Provide Tier 3 / 4 engineering support, as needed, for solutions deployed to production
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science related field or a directly related field is required Minimum of 14 years' experience (or masters equivalent). May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 10+ years of dedicated Software Development / Engineering experience
- Middleware and User Interface driven applications
- Multi-threaded applications; Exception handling
- Integration with hardware devices and vendor SDKs
- Web Services development
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a CBP Public Trust.
· node.js / NPM / Yarn
· SASS, LESS and CSS Skills
· HTTP(S) stack
· Webpack, Babel, Polyfill, etc.
· .NET Core 2.x
· ASP.NET Web API, RESTFul HTTP Programming
· EF Core
· Code First with Entity Framework
· SQL Server
· Git, Git Tools and SVN
· Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
Nice to have:
- PowerShell, Python and/or Bash
- Docker and Linux experience
- AWS experience
- Mobile platform development