Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for U.S. defense, intelligence and federal civilian agencies. In business for more than 52 years, we excel in full-spectrum cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering solutions that support national and homeland security.
The Technical Exploitation Support Services team is critical in supporting DoD, Federal, and IC partners’ Global War on Terrorism efforts by providing state of the art technical exploitation and collection capabilities in digital media exploitation triage and automation, advanced technical Media Exploitation (MEDEX), and advanced Mobile Device Exploitation. Activities include digital forensics activities, software reverse engineering, hardware exploitation, parser development, reverse engineering, mobile applications development and engineering, and technical exploitation (collection, transmission, prioritization translation, and analysis and dissemination of materials).
Currently, ManTech is seeking a Mobile Software Engineer Expert to fulfill the role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Bethesda, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Engineer software scripts in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API extraction.
• Collaborate with Technical Exploitation teams to define clear requirements, performance specifications, deliverables, and milestones for applications.
• Debug mobile applications' memory and performance issues, such as using Android trace view tool to identify performance bottlenecks.
• Provide malicious code reverse engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks.
• Research new trends, techniques, and packaging of malicious software to stay current and ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits.
• Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution.
• Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management, and Government decision makers.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least 9 years' related experience
• Deep knowledge of Android and a strong passion in mobile industry and mobile development
• Background in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON) preferred.
• Background in wireless APIs (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) preferred.
• Able to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-through and bugs, thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
• Able to handle multiple simultaneous projects, manage time and priorities
• Efficiently implement new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code
• 5+ years’ experience in communications device design or embedded platform-level engineering for mobile communication devices desired.
• Experience requiring an expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices.
• 2 years’ experience with reverse engineering software packages (IDA Pro, IDA Python PyDgb, or OllyDbg).
• Advanced/Expert experience in software engineering and related technologies.
• Advanced/Expert experience in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using IOS and/or Android development environments.
• Advanced/Expert experience in development on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and iOS
• Experience requiring a knowledge of designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size.
• Experience requiring excellent debugging, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java, Python). A strong mix is needed with experience in C, C++ or Objective C and Java or C+ is a minimum requirement.
• Experience engineering applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development.
• Proven track record of mobile application development.
• Experience with two or more IDE environments and tool sets (Visual Studio, JetBrains, Eclipse, Android Studio, Xcode).
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Compliant, IAT Level II – or able to obtain one within 90 days of joining the contract.
• Deep knowledge of at least one major mobile platform
• Ability to interact with live devices using shell commands
• Advanced/Expert experience in designing, developing, and maintaining mobile applications
• Expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices
• 2 years of experience with reverse engineering software packages such as IDA Pro
• Knowledge and application of assembly programming and reversing
• Experience with computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite Physical Analyzer, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
• Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems, and/or boot process software engineering.
• Advanced experience investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyber-attack methods
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance and possess a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph or obtain a CI Polygraph by the start of employment.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.