Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Technical Writer/ Editor
We are seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to plan, write, and edit technical documentation. The primary role will be to assure that documentation is written in a clear and concise manner so that it is understood by stakeholders with limited to highly proficient subject matter knowledge. In addition, the role requires an individual to track and maintain a schedule for managing the reviews of written work products by subject matter experts. This role may be accomplished with 80% or more in a Telework environment.
Specific Duties include :
· Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of technical documentation for a Program, Project, or Contract, as required.
· Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences.
· Collaborate with technical team members to gather and document all the necessary requirements for the document production
· Define and maintain processes for content modification, quality control, and version control
· Create, review, and edit of related CDRL deliverables to the government customer
· Identify additional or missing materials required to deliver documentation in accordance with the DID requirements
· Recommend formats appropriate to meet technical and customer requirements
· Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
· Maintain records and revisions in accordance with KBR Quality Management System in accordance with ISO9001/AS9100
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of experience in performing technical editing/writing in an Engineering related technical field.
Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Engineering, Reliability, Maintainability, or other related technical area.
Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio. Familiarity with Adobe Pro is also desirable. Excellent writing/editing skills and exceptional attention to grammatical and formatting detail.
The qualified candidate must also have highly developed editorial skills, including a thorough understanding of the appropriate use of punctuation marks. This knowledge is critically important because the Technical Writer/Editor will serve as the final reviewer on all technical deliverables before they are released.
The candidate must have or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
· Ability to gather information from subject matter experts and convert the input into a technical report
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
· A knowledge of technical report writing/editing; creating meeting minutes; briefing material preparation; create and assist in the development of technical documents.
· Ability to support and meet dynamic and tight deadlines
· Ability to function effectively in a telework environment where coordination and communication with coworkers and colleagues largely through use of electronic tele-conference tools i.e. Teams, Skype, Web-Ex
· Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
· Proficient in the use of Air Force or other DoD technical manuals, policies, and regulations.
· Ability to prepare applicable Government and industry research, documentation, and standards
· General understanding of Program and Project Management processes and basic related tools
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.