Diego Garcia: ELECTRICIAN - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintenance and repair of facilities electrical systems in a journeyman capacity under the direct supervision of the Journeyman and Superintendent.
- As directed by Journeyman and Superintendent, may load, transport, unload, and furnish journeyman with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary.
- Follow specific directions; perform a variety of duties which may often change; work within standards of accuracy; repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure; evaluate information using measurable standards.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery, using test equipment, and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers, to diagnose malfunction.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, and motors, using hand tools.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and design and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Must have knowledge of electrical trade theory and follow the National Electrical Code.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License with at least Restriction Code 2.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Completed TESDA course with the National Certifications is a plus:
- Electrical Installation and Maintenance NC II, III
- Must have at least High School diploma, Vocational or Technical course Graduate is required.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in electrical installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Must have successfully completed an approved three-year apprenticeship program and worked on electrical or electronic equipment for at least three years.
- Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.