Diego Garcia: STRUCTURAL COST ENGINEER - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares scoping and detailed estimates under the civil/structural discipline including the bill of materials, equipment usage, description of work with man hours and a sketch (as required) following the appropriate safety and building codes to include OSHA, NAVFAC, International (IBC, IRC, IEBC and IZJ), industry standards & good industrial work practices.
- Performs site visits / inspections, coordinates with the HSE Department, the Customer and the performing Annex Manager(s) to review / resolves discrepancies between estimates and SOW requirements before and during project implementation.
- Verifies the level of work to be accomplished in the preliminary steps and upgrades the designation if necessary; performs estimates of work necessary to accomplish work as outlined in the Facilities Maintenance Action Plan (MAP) / Maintenance Execution Plan (MEP).
- Assists the scheduling team with project data for the creation and updating schedules for the life cycle of projects.
- Evaluates project data during the execution of project and taking account of changes and risks provides input to the project management leadership to reduce costs and determine how the project performs against benchmarks.
- Prepares SOW for subcontract work. Validates subcontract proposals to ensure they fulfill project requirements.
- Evaluates quotes for requested / alternative materials to ensure the proposals meet project requirements and prepares product submittals.
- With additional experience within one functional area, assists in the design of larger and more complex assignments which involve conventional types of plans, investigations, and surveys with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
- Supports the Engineering Services Division on estimates for engineering projects.
- Performs the function of facility inspector as required in the Infrastructure Condition Assessment Program (ICAP).
- Under direct supervision, independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using his or her best judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable to effectively liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors and clients, and report directly to the Senior Management.
- Must be detail orientated and have good project management skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have the ability to pass KBR’s safety training for climbing in confined spaces, working in heights and inspecting gas and high voltage lines.
- Must be contract oriented and computer literate in Microsoft Office & Teams software.
- Must have a valid and be able to obtain driver’s license with restriction code at least 2.
SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Must have Engineering licensed by the Government of Nationality.
- Registered Civil Engineer
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering based on a four-year course of study from an accredited university or college is required. U.S. equivalence for a non-U.S. Citizen is highly desired.
- Minimum of three (5) years’ experience in evaluating electrical, mechanical and structural projects and installations.
- Experienced in Cost Engineering, Cost Estimating, planning, scheduling, estimating and other areas of project controls.
- Experience in applying the Engineered Performance Standards (EPS), R.S. Means Standards or other commercially acceptable standard is desirable.
· Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.