Diego Garcia: FOREMAN, CARPENTER - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee carpenters, finishers, rod busters and pour in place concrete.
- Provides leadership to cause the creation of organizational structure and processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and is responsible for the execution of Carpentry services, quality, subcontractor performance.
- Evaluates Carpentry service execution for compliance to contract, design data, schedule, cost budgets, and quality, advising the project team of status, issues, impacts, risk, and cost influence factors on to go scope.
- Maintains the short-range look ahead plans and discusses all deviations with the Superintendent.
- Inspects buildings or other structures and items reported to need repair; considers need for repair and estimated time and materials; requisitions materials and supplies.
- Perform rough and finish carpentry including building additions and remodels cabinets, tables, chairs, therapeutic appliances, and special products; builds and patches roofs; installs floors and wall coverings, ceiling material, paneling, plastic laminates, and hardware; repairs broken windows, doors, walls, ceilings, and furniture; installs door jambs and hangs metal and wood doors; constructs and letters signs; finishes walls with wood, structural metal, lath, and plaster; repairs/replaces railings, handrails, stair treads, nosing’s and gratings; builds platforms, podiums, partitions, ramps, and fences; installs insulation and weather stripping; maintains and repairs machinery, tools, and equipment used in the carpentry trade.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Prepares materials and builds and erects a broad range of structures in support of construction and maintenance activities.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and design and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License with at least Restriction Code 2.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Must have at least High School diploma, Technical or Vocational course Graduate is required.
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience in carpentry trades, structural and architectural maintenance, and repairs with at least three (3) years’ experience as Lead man, Foreman or Supervisor of various construction projects.
- Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.