Diego Garcia: PLUMBER - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs maintenance and repair works under the direct supervision of a Journeyman Plumber or higher-level craftsman.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, and welding equipment.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
- Installs supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation.
- Installs underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
- Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
- Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
- Repair sewer piping system, high/ambient temperature water, compressed air and components as specified in the job plan.
- Repair Risers, Flexible branches, expansion joints, pumps, gauges, and pressure regulators in the combination needed to support the pressure of the system (s).
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and design and follow engineering drawings, specifications and instructions.
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License with at least Restriction Code 2.
- Must have basic knowledge of Maximo and Tablet
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Completed TESDA course with the following National Certifications is a plus:
- Plumbing NC II
- Must have at least High School diploma, Vocational or Technical course Graduate is required.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in plumbing maintenance and repair works.
· Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.