Diego Garcia: GENERAL CONSTRUCTION LABORER - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Foreman or General Foreman.
- Reads and interprets instructions and procedures.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work site.
- Prepares construction sites, pours, and spreads concrete, sets forms, and/or finishes surfaces.
- Participates in routine and turnaround plant maintenance projects and activities.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled tradespeople on-site when necessary.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties and activities as directed.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks.
- Must be able to read, interpret blueprints and design and follow engineering drawings, specifications, and instructions.
- Must speak, read, and understand the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Must have at least High School diploma, Technical or Vocational course Graduate is required.
- Must have at least one (1) year experience as general laborer in the construction industry.
- Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.