Diego Garcia: HVAC FOREMAN - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership to cause the creation of processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and is responsible for the execution of HVAC mechanical services, quality, and cost.
- Directs the activities of HVAC mechanics and technicians.
- Installs, services, and repairs environmental-control and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout.
- Mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, uses hand tools, follows blueprints or engineering specifications.
- Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment.
- Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source.
- Monitors all air handling and cooling units and maintain records of all faults and repairs.
- Oversees all required metal ductwork and inspect all liquid and vapor instruments to ensure efficiency of all operations.
- Monitors all processes and ensure compliance all safety regulations and identify and prepare reports for any violations and maintain efficient records for all office and state regulations within required timeframe.
- Documents all project activities and maintain files for same and monitor inventory for all customer parts and perform preventative maintenance on all customer complaints.
- Analyzes and recommends improvements to all business performance and maintain optimal customer services and manage all value-added processes.
- Always maintain stock inventory and ensure compliance to all standards and guidelines and inspect all systems and components and maintain safety of products.
- Maintains safe working conditions and manage all equipment’s and supplies required for HVAC crews to perform the required installation, repair, and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Ensures work done IAW approved plans and specs.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate policies, regulations, directives, and applicable technical publications
- Ensures that all A/C installation and repair are performed satisfactorily and completed in the required time.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of Air Conditioning and Refrigerant theory.
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow engineering drawings, specification, and manufacturer’s instruction.
- Must speak, read, and understand to a high level of the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License with at least Restriction Code 2.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Must have completed Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Servicing from the country of origin.
- EPA - US Environmental Protection Agency section 608 certified of any type (Type I, II or III).
- EPA - US Environmental Protection Agency section 608 “Universal” Certification is preferred.
- Must have at least High School diploma, Vocational or Technical course Graduate is required; Electrical or Mechanical Engineering graduate or equivalent is highly desired. EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least (5-7) years’ experience in maintenance and repair of Chilled Water and Direct Expansion (DX) type centralized air conditioning plant equipment utilizing ducted Variable Air Volume (VAV) and Constant Volume air distribution systems with a minimum capacity of 100 tons which should include at least 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Use of Trane and or Carrier BMS systems would be a plus.
- Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.