Diego Garcia: HVAC HELPER - Contingency Hire
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the supervision of the HVAC Foreman the position is responsible for planning the installation and repair of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning systems to all IDIQ task order.
- Assisting with the installation of HVAC systems on commercial and residential properties.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing roof units for heating and air conditioning as well as the units inside residential and commercial buildings.
- Operating a variety of hand and power tools needed for HVAC installation.
- Cleaning and replacing air ducts.
- Following instructions for picking up and delivering parts, tools, materials, and supplies to and from the job site.
- Ensuring all tools, materials, and equipment are in good working order.
- Completing preventative maintenance on HVAC systems and the associated equipment.
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing plumbing and electrical systems.
- Coordinating with team members to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensuring all HVAC systems remain compliant with industry standards and regulations.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- In-depth knowledge of HVAC systems and their inner workings.
- Familiarity with all tools and equipment necessary for HVAC installation and maintenance.
- Must be able to demonstrate thorough knowledge of Air Conditioning and Refrigerant theory.
- Must be able to read, interpret and follow engineering drawings, specification, and manufacturer’s instruction.
- Must speak, read, and understand to a high level of the English Language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must have a valid Professional Driver’s License with at least Restriction Code 2.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING:
- Must have completed Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Servicing from the country of origin.
- EPA - US Environmental Protection Agency section 608 certified of any type (Type I, II or III).
- EPA - US Environmental Protection Agency section 608 “Universal” Certification is preferred.
- Must have at least High School diploma, Vocational or Technical course Graduate is required; Electrical or Mechanical Engineering graduate or equivalent is highly desired.
- Must have at least (1-2) years’ experience in maintenance and repair of Chilled Water and Direct Expansion (DX) type centralized air conditioning plant equipment utilizing ducted Variable Air Volume (VAV) and Constant Volume air distribution systems with a minimum capacity of 100 tons.
- Use of Trane and or Carrier BMS systems would be a plus.
- Bilingual in English & Albanian
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.