Cybersecurity RMF Engineer/SME 5 – SDD Team Lead
KBR is seeking candidates with Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience to lead a team supporting the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Security Solutions Division (SDD). Team will be on site full-time on Fort Detrick Army base in Frederick, Maryland.
Employee will serve as Team Lead and perform tasks related to Assessment & Authorization (A&A) and cybersecurity under DHA to obtain and maintain Authorizations to Operate (ATOs) for assigned DoD medical systems (i.e., applications, networks, devices). This position will be part of a team developing recommended courses of action needed to transition current policies and procedures to the DHA RMF-approved processes.
- Manage a team of seven resources, ensuring the timely and appropriate execution of RMF activities for information systems undergoing various stages of RMF
- Serve as main point of contact for government officials, including SDD AOR and PM
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity. Problems are broadly defined and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all systems under the scope of the SDD JMLFDC POD
- Oversee risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
- Actively lead regular A&A status meetings with government and contract personnel to facilitate progress and address potential issues of RMF system efforts
- Lead sessions aimed at identifying, planning, and executing strategies in response to emerging cybersecurity/RMF policies
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of evolving security and risk management standards and communicate and apply relevant changes to existing processes
- Train new and existing team members as needed on processes, tools, and policies
Day-to-day tasks may include the following:
- Lead meetings with SDD stakeholders to discuss statuses of efforts
- Create and submit weekly reports to DHA leadership regarding system/program status
- Develop, update, and/or review RMF documentation to include Security Plans, Implementation Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), and Risk Assessment Reports
- Coordinate with system SMEs to identify and develop authorization boundary diagrams, architecture diagrams, and hardware and software inventories
- Assess and/or oversee the assessment of system compliance against NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements to include the NIST 800-53 controls and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Requirements Guides (SRGs)
- Produce evidence as necessary to support compliance status of NIST, DoD, and DHA security requirements
- Work with system administrators, engineers, and developers to create or update system/site policies, procedures, and process guides
- Analyze vulnerability scans of information systems and assist in remediation tasks
- BS degree and fifteen (15) years of experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology, or eighteen (18) years of hands-on experience with Cybersecurity / Information Technology
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- DoD 8570-compliant
- Demonstrated expert-level experience with Risk Management Framework (experience under DHA a plus)
- Demonstrated efficiency and expert-level experience in RMF package development, including POA&Ms (mitigation statements), Security Plans, Risk Assessments, architecture diagrams, asset inventories, and system/site policies, procedures, and processes
- Experience in assessing systems using NIST 800-53, DISA STIGs/SRGs, and ACAS
- Familiarity and experience with the DoD tool eMASS
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with NIST publications
- Ability to work on site 40 hours a week on Fort Detrick Army base
Additional Qualifications a Plus:
- Experience working under DHA
- Experience with ACAS and HBSS
- Experience in RMF policy development and strategy implementation
- Knowledge in Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS)
- Knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Medical devices
- Network Devices
- Databases – MS SQL, Oracle
- VMWare – Virtualization
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.