Project Control Engineer
Project Controls and Commercial Services (PCCS) is the mechanism in which Sellafield Ltd have engaged KBR Ltd to provide Commercial and Project Controls Services to the portfolio of enterprise projects, in addition to the original PPP programme. Those services include the provision of some 150+ Commercial and Project Controls Professionals across the Sellafield Ltd network of Projects.
Project Control Engineer
To develop and manage a comprehensive Project Control service.
- Manage the production of the Programme Integrated Schedule
- Prepare, monitor and forecast cost and schedule baselines and working schedules during all Programme phases
- Establish and maintain a Basis of Schedule for all schedules produced
- Ensure all applicable schedule activities have Rules of Credit and Quantity Tracking mechanisms established
- Prepare, monitor and forecast expenditure profiles and provide manual accruals data to central Finance Department
- Maintain an estimate of the outturn value of the project and prepare the EAC for review and approval
- Attend monthly SL Programme EAC Reviews and weekly NDA spend/deliverability reviews
- Prepare cost and progress reports, including earned value analysis, identifying critical areas and trends and recommend recovery options
- Maintain the cost control and planning databases and validate data across systems
- Ensure all commitments are recorded and maintain forecasts within approved financial limits
- Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the Programme baseline and subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms.
- Provide the required information to support the risk process
- Provide project outturns against baseline for LFE and Knowledge Management
- Ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all Programme Stakeholders
- The highlighting of any current and potential issues to the Programme Manager and Integration Manager.
- Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and governance arrangements.
- Able to work independently, but also as part of a wider integrated team
- Able to respond to demands from various Stakeholders/Customers
- Able to liaise with various professions within SL and the wider Programme Partner Organisations (i.e. Finance, Commercial, Risk, Programme Management)
- Able to work with Partner Organisations to develop a robust funding route/process
- Able to work with Supply Chain Partners to monitor their spend against delivery
- Able to prioritise work
- Have the behavioural and technical skills to support the delivery of a high-quality project control service within a multi-partner national Programme
- To work flexibly within a team environment providing and supporting improvement, efficiencies and realisation of Programme benefits
- Completion of tasks in accordance with relevant regulatory and company requirements to relevant standards e.g. time, cost, quality, local governance arrangements, monitoring and control processes
- Comfortable working with a certain level of ambiguity in a complex change Programme
Essential Behavioural Attributes:
- Commitment to Nuclear Safety & Security
- Integrity & Honesty
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Learning
- Commitment to Standards
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Commitment to the Business
- Drive for results
- Leading by example
- Holding Self & Others to Account
- Effective Communication
- Supporting Change
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.