SAIC is looking for a Business Performance Manager in Broomfield, CO. This position has the potential to be worked remotely, nationwide. This person will be a leader within the SAIC Managed Services organization.
The Business Performance Manager (BPM) will help stand up a Performance Management Office and provide operational oversight and direction to a number of key sub-organizations including quality management, financial performance, vendor management, workforce management, training, knowledge management, and reporting/analytics. The BPM will build performance strategies that drive outcomes and work with other senior leaders to develop a top-down framework to align planning and execution, strategy and tactics, and business-unit and enterprise objectives within a mission-critical IT service operations delivery organization. The BPM manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who also exercise significant latitude and independence.
The role is a blend of customer support operations and workforce management administration, but will also require cross-functional collaboration with the senior management of both Business Enablement and Infrastructure.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI) goals are established and the BPM will collect the necessary metrics and monitor performance against key benchmarks. KPI’s will also reflect the efficiency, effectiveness, and continual improvement of service delivery and financial performance.
Other functions of the BPM will be to work with sub-organization leaders to:
- Develop, inspect, mine, and model data to raise productivity, improve decision making, and gain competitive advantage
- Conduct statistical analysis on data and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting
- Maintain and verify the accuracy of the data and act as liaison with business
- Design and implement the performance enablement annual goal development process to align and enable successful organizational outcomes of people, client and firm
- Provide thought leadership on performance management programs and best practices, growing our capability and continuing to direct the strategy and solutions in alignment with business needs
- Build and maintain core competencies and technical competencies to guide individual performance and behaviors by role/level
- Facilitate performance management processes across all levels of the organization including identifying and developing strategies, toolkits, documentation, and support materials
Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience. Will take additional years' experience in lieu of degree.
Type of Experience:
- 8+ years of business management related experience; recent leadership experience. Managed service delivery and/or government industry experience preferred
- 5+ years of experience facilitating the development and implementation of business initiatives and projects, based on management objectives
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Managing subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence
- Expertise in designing, integrating, and operationalizing performance management and talent management processes across all levels of an organization.
- Establishing operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units
- Development of budgets, schedules and performance standards
- Expertise in performance processes that drive outcomes and performance.
- Experience with people systems that support performance processes
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships across a matrix organization, responding quickly to change and adapting/operating in ambiguous environment
- Achieves results through effective influencing and collaboration across the organization
- A proactive and positive attitude, with previous success defining and driving key strategic initiatives
- Knowledge of performance management strategies and tools
- Excellent time management, performance management, and leadership skills
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.