Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented PTL Electronic Systems Engineer to join our team in the Northern VA area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Personnel Tracking and Locating (PTL) Electronic Systems Engineer provides operational and technical services to ensure that PTL-related hardware, operating systems and software systems adhere to Department standards and operate within established parameters.
- Assists project teams with technical issues in all phases of the project lifecycle. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research and development within the project lifecycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling out solutions.
- Accountable for Linux and Windows systems that support geographic information system (GIS) infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support tracker history and related information.
- Responsibilities on these systems include: System administration/engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
- Installs new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request.
- Applies operating system (OS) patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities.
- Configures/adds new services as necessary.
- Upgrades and configures system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or asset management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintains operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Performs periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configures CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years of experience; High School Diploma plus seven (7) years of experience can substitute for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Linux, Optimizing VMs, large GIS servers is required.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Must possess the ability to interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provides advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues.
- Provides occasional guidance, some of which is technical.
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills and excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build/maintain professional working relationships.
- Must be proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- SharePoint, Red Hat experience preferred.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: COMSEC, Integrated Broadcast System applications, Mission Management Center operations, Tagging and Tracking and Location operations, and RF network engineering.
- Experience in Certification and Accreditation with Department IRM/IA is a plus.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must possess an active Secret security clearance.
- May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance at diplomatic facilities in critical threat locations around the world with austere living conditions.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- Moves about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Uses a computer and other office equipment.
- Grasps, positions and assembles equipment.
- Communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.