Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
PPP Head of Sustainability
The Programme and Project Partners (PPP) is an exciting model to work in. Four world class organisations have come together as one team, with Sellafield Ltd, to create a clean and safe environment for future generations.
PPP is set to revolutionise project delivery at Sellafield and create a lasting legacy, through long-term partnerships.
The Sellafield nuclear site is home to one of the most complex portfolios of construction and infrastructure projects in the world, stretching over many decades.
The new approach will support the transformation from nuclear operator into a world leader in environmental remediation.
The partnership is made up of four lots and Sellafield Ltd, as 5th Partner, to help deliver the site's decommissioning programme:
Sellafield Ltd will work collaboratively with the four lot partners, to deliver major projects in support of the site’s 100-year decommissioning programme.
The new approach is set up to support faster, more effective project delivery, stability in design and construction supply chains, greater workforce flexibility, and local economic benefit.
Not only do we have an important national purpose at the heart of what we do, we get to do our work in two brilliant locations in the North of England.
We have one site in Whitehaven that is on the beautiful Cumbrian coast with easy access to the fells and Lake District. Our other base is Warrington, vibrant and ideally located between Liverpool and Manchester.
Now is your chance to be part of this vital work, a once-in-a-career opportunity, in the role of PPP Head of Sustainability.
PPP and Sustainability
PPP Sustainability means “meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs”. It uses the nested model of Sustainability – Performance, Planet, People
The PPP Sustainability Framework has been developed – through focussed stakeholder engagement (e.g. BEIS, NDA, Local Authority) with PPP Projects and PPP Services.
PPP Sustainability Advisory Group (NDA, BEIS, ONR, EA, CBC, SL, PPP) and Working Group (PPP, IC) are in place.
The next steps are to:
• develop the PPP Sustainability Implementation Plan – putting words into deeds, prioritisation into project delivery and supply chains, integration and resource plan (3 years)
• develop the sustainability Engagement and Communications Plan – hearts and minds, new narrative, SL Manifesto and COP26 events
• develop the PPP Net Zero and Climate Resilience Roadmap – partner capability/activities, targets, COP26 response
• PPP - Head of Transformation
Interfaces with and Advises
• PPP - Board Level Sustainability Sponsors (Advises)
• Senior Project Leaders and Aligned Delivery Teams
• Supply Chain and Resource & Talent
• IC Client Functional teams and Social Impact Managers in Lot Partners & Sellafield Ltd Enterprise
Primary Role and Responsibilities
The role of PPP Head of Sustainability is to provides leadership and direction to the collective activities of the PPP Partners and its Supply Chains, including:
• Integrating – deepen linkages with Social Impact, Environments and Benefits Realisation
• Prioritising – focussing on Sustainability in Projects and supply chains
• Sharing – enhancing NDA’s and SL’s sustainability ambitions2
• ensuring that all PPP Sustainability activities are aligned with wider activities and interventions – including those of Sellafield Ltd, the NDA and PPP Companies
• monitoring, and ensuring PPP adoption of UK Government requirements and guidance on Sustainability for PPP and Sellafield.
Day to day responsibilities include
• overseeing the implementation and future development of PPP’s Sustainability Action Plan and Net Carbon Zero Roadmap
• developing and updating supporting aspects of the Collaborative Management Plan
• the non-labour budget associated with the Plan
• the Resource Plan associated with implementation
• the Schedule of Activity – reporting on planned and actual milestone achievements
• coordinating the PPP Sustainability managers to ensure activities are delivered on time, within budget and achieve business case benefits where applicable
• providing functional support, ensuring resource and scheduled activities are aligned for the cross-lot partner team
• liaison with the Head of Social Impact for PPP to agree and implement Sustainability activities (outputs/outcomes)
• manage and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners including the local authority and key anchor organisations in relation to PPP Sustainability
• oversee any Key Performance Indicators related to PPP Sustainability activities
• oversee successful completion of PPP’s Sustainability assurance measures
• report and escalate matters to the Head of Transformation and Management Board Sponsor for Sustainability, as and when required. Ensuring levels of the organisation have visibility of key activities
• manage and report the forward plan to ensure senior management and IC have assurance of planned activities, activities completed and forecast of activities to complete
• develop and maintain good working relationships with other workstream leads, teams and PPP supply chain to deliver the requirements of PPP’s Sustainability Framework and business case benefits
• provide progress reports of performance against the workstream as required
• Experienced in leading and developing Sustainable activities, applying, and developing recognised bestpractice methodologies
• Commitment to operate to the high standards of behaviours needed for PPP success: safety, ambition, diversity & inclusion, empowerment & energy, and trust & respect
• Able to build relationships with at senior levels within both private and public sector organisations
• Experience of working in a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders from private, public and third sector organisations, including executive and senior management levels
• British Citizen - UK Security Vetting will be required to level SC.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.