Cloud Software Engineer - TS/SCI
KBR is seeking a Cloud Software Engineer in the Columbia, MD. Duties will include:
- Provide in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval: assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval.
- Implement complex workflows that manage Cloud MapReduce analytics.
- Implement code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
- Oversee one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve it
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- This position requires a TS/SCI security clearance. Ideal candidate will have an active TS/SCI polygraph. Must be able to obtain if you do not have a polygraph.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree. Master’s in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Eight (8) years’ experience software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required; Two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- Two (2) years of Cloud and/or distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Big Table.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with implementation of Cloud Distributed File System.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing complex MapReduce analytics.
- One (1) year of experience with implementing code that interacts with Cloud Distributed Coordination Frameworks.
- Experience with MapReduce, Pig, Cloud experience
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.