Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for executing accounting policies and procedures involving the maintenance of general ledgers, asset and liability accounts, analysis of balance sheet accounts, and management financial reporting. Under general supervision, and occasional direct supervision, performs assignments requiring experience and knowledge of standard concepts within the field of accounting.
· Perform accounting function and activities including one or more activities of billing, revenue recognition, project financial status reports, overhead accounting, master data management, fixed assets accounting, accruals, account reconciliations, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and reporting
· Require frequent communication and coordination with managers and other key stakeholders in various KBR offices globally
· Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
· Should adhere to all controls and compliance including SoX / business controls
· Provide supporting documentation for audits. Supports general business operations by providing administrative support actives such as data entry, reporting, correspondence, and basic analysis requiring attention to detail
· Any other functions as may be allocated by supervisor
Qualifications – Skill Requirements – Experience Levels (Additional Requirements)
· Recognized professional qualification (CA/CWA/ACCA or CIMA) with relevant work-experience of 2+ years or Semi-qualified professionals / undergraduate / Post graduate degree in commerce with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
· Strong accounting knowledge - provide full spectrum of accounting support including handling of full set of accounts; monthly closing of books, accounts reconciliations; management financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, anti-corruption and SOX compliance
· Experience in project accounting activities for MNC engineering and construction companies or experience in F&A of multinational companies including F&A shared services preferred
· Candidates with hands on experience in SAP, Costpoint, HFM, Cadency / AssureNet, MS Office etc. preferred
· Candidates are expected to be flexible with interest to learn and to be able to take up any given role in one or more of Billing / Account Reconciliation / Accounts Receivables / Cash Application / Accounts Payables / General Accounting / Project Accounting / Tax / Corporate Accounting that is best suited for the employee and as per the business needs
· Candidates are expected to possess analytical skills with attention to details
· Work requires professional English written and good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Should be a Team Player
· Ability to create strong working relationships with global stakeholders
· Need to possess the KBR Leadership Imperatives recommended for this level
· Candidates are expected to have continuous improvement mindset
· Should be flexible regarding work timing (shift timings based on business requirement)
· Should be flexible regarding work from home vs work from office to be determined based on business requirements
· Should be flexible to work under tight timelines
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.