Software Systems Engineer Sr
- Military veterans preferred
SAIC is currently seeking a SR Software Systems Engineer to support the US Army Corps of Engineers Revolutionary IT Services (USACE RITS) program.
NOTE: This is a 100% virtual / work from home / remote position located anywhere in the CONUS.
- Experienced Systems Engineer in a wide range of research, information technology, and business positions.
- Has experience in all aspects of the systems engineering process and product lifecycle, including user requirements specification, functional analysis, and interface documentation.
- Experience in assessing organizations and processes, and architecting ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness through appropriate use of technology.
- Broad understanding of all aspects of acquisition programs including program management, product design & development, and lifecycle support.
- Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience or 9 years experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations.
- Familiarity with principles and practice of INCOSE systems engineering practices.
- Understanding of system security concepts and mitigation strategies (POAMs, vulnerabilities).
- Experience supporting government customers in secure environments, familiarity of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) operating standards and applicable guidelines.
- Experience with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
More Jobs For Veterans...