Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Job Profile Summary
Job Function: As Security Support Specialist—Advanced (SSS-A), leads program security management, day-to-day security operations, physical security standards and accreditations, personnel security and administrative security tasks for the Special Access Program section. Capable of developing and implementing a specific security task area or specialty in support of a Special Access program (SAP). Processes Program Access Requests (PAR) and other personnel security actions, provides office security management, visitor control, Security Education Training and Awareness and other related clerical duties. Establishes and maintains personnel security files for all supported personnel. Oversees the monitoring and updating of all security databases for tracking personnel security clearances and accesses. Prepares, send, and receive visitor certifications. Prepares, sends and receives facsimiles in support of the organization’s security section. Coordinates indoctrination briefings and debriefings for SAP accesses and prepare appropriate paperwork, which includes temporary accesses for meetings, conferences, exercises and/or contingencies. Interfaces with external agencies and customers on security related matters at the direction of the Program Security Officer (PSO). Purge files monthly to eliminate outdated material. Scan material and personnel records into digital form and organize them into a computer database. Prepare access list for working groups and conferences. Assists the PSO in the preparation for, and conduct of, staff assistance visits, security reviews and inspections. Maintains control and accountability of SAP information; track, ship, and account for SAP information which includes facsimiles; manage all couriers; control reproduction and destruction of SAP information, which includes filing and retrieving, and preventing documents and/or media from exiting the SAPF without approval. Assists with additional tasks as required by the Division’s security staff personnel; provides supervisory functions for additional security staff.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
ManTech is currently searching for a Security Support Specialist—Advanced in support of our government customer.
This position is in support of Special Access Programs, a successful candidate must have U.S. Citizenship and an Active Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility. Additionally, this position is nominative; therefore, a successful applicant must apply for, and be granted, SCI and SAP access. The Security Support Specialist—Advanced is capable of performing multi-discipline security functions in support of complex major acquisition Special Access Program efforts. Knowledgeable of personnel, industrial, physical, IT/IA, and information security disciplines. Strong writing and leadership ability.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide oversight, guidance and direction to security contractor staff
• Ensures compliance with all applicable security manuals, guides, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for physical security, information security, and personnel security
• Drafts, reviews, edits Security Plan(s) for customer approval/signature
• Ensure participants at USG facility comply with designated security procedures
• Coordinates Transportation Security Plans actions in order to comply with program, local site, and end-user security requirements
• Coordinates and assists with temporary secure facility accreditation
• Conduct program and special activity security indoctrination briefings and recurring security training
• Ensures physical security is maintained
• Responds to all facility alarms during working and non-working hours
• Prepare and track Personnel Access Requests (PARs) for government facility personnel
• Determines eligibility on individuals submitted for program access.
• Files approved PARs in individual personnel security records
• Coordinates incoming visit requests with local program security staff and local USG manager(s)
• Destroys classified material in accordance with instructions and facility guidelines at the end of specified activities
• Maintain and control all electronic media as required by operational security plans, Federal government security manuals, and guides
• Team Security Support (when not supporting specific agency operational events)
• Processes records for storage, including reviewing, extracting and destroying, labeling and filing
• Conducts annual inventories of accountable materials, documents, and media
• Enters and extracts data from database for incoming and outgoing documents and me
• Maintains and controls all electronic media as required by SOP, all security manuals, and guides
• Conducts and documents destruction of classified material in accordance with instructions and facility guidelines. Prepare and file certificates of destruction
• Minimum of five years’ relevant security experience with 2 years' experience in Special Access Program (SAP) security environment; conversant in SAP processes and procedures
• Thorough knowledge of DoD 5205.07 Volumes 1-4, JAFAN Manuals and NISPOM
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Must be able to work independently and reliably with limited supervision
• Strong writing ability
• Meet the physical requirements
• BS/BA in related field or a combination of education, training and experience beyond this baseline
• Proficiency with Security Information Management System (SIMS) software desired
• Current Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC)
• Successful completion of CDSE courses deemed acceptable to the government. Courses should cover a spectrum of security disciplines including: General Security, Personnel Security, Physical Security, and Special Access Programs.
• Microsoft Office Specialist Expert certification
Security Clearance Requirements:
U.S. Citizenship and an active TS/SCI; SAP access approval
Physically Active Work, a successful candidate must have:
o The ability to lift 25/50/80 pounds regularly
o The ability to carry 25/50/80 pounds regularly
o The ability to safely climb stairs and ladders (both interior and exterior)
o The ability to enter confined/crawl spaces and conduct work (both above ceiling and below raised floors)
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.