Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We understand that in order to hold this distinct honor, we must provide our employees with the opportunity to break through barriers. We reinvest in our employees through rich educational opportunities such as 100% paid tuition for qualifying Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, rich training and certification programs allowing our employees to obtain industry best certifications, a variety of Communities of Practice (COPs) where employees can exchange knowledge and much more, along with a vast array of instruction and resources needed for personal and professional development through our very own ManTech University. In addition to those amazing benefits, ManTech also has a fully dedicated Career Mobility team to provide you with guidance and assistance to continue to grow your career with ManTech.
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Information Security Engineer to join our team in Springfield, Virginia, to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deploys solutions to proactively mitigate cyber threats to customer networks
• Initiates the creation, deployment and tuning of intrusion detection system (IPS)/ intrusion detection system (IDS) signatures
• Works with teams across the organization to develop signatures for malware that is detected in the customer’s networks
• Makes recommendations to improve overall security posture to senior management
• Familiar with IC, DoD, and NIST Risk Management Framework directives and guidelines and security accreditation processes
• Assesses the performance of security controls within IT projects
• Evaluates potential system security risks and takes appropriate corrective, mitigation, and recovery actions
• Researches, evaluates, and provides feedback on problematic security trends and patterns in customer support requirements
• Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the fields of mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science and 5-7 years related experience.
• Strong IT system and application engineering background
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
• Experience with certification testing, Risk Management Framework (RMF), information assurance tools, DoD STIG, and vulnerability assessment
• DoD 8570 certification meeting IAT Level II required
Demonstrated Technical Experience:
• Linux/Unix (command line user - proficient and used in last 6 months)
• Experience with modern Windows, UNIX, LINUX, network operating systems, databases, and virtual computing
• Knowledge of IDS - intrusion detection solutions
• Performs in-depth analysis techniques to uncover new or potential incidents.
• Knowledge with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
• Understanding of latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
• Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
• Working knowledge of root causes of malware infections and proactive mitigation.
• Experience and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies, and antivirus, spam and spyware solutions.
• Knowledge of typical behaviors of both malware and threat actors and how common protocols and applications work at the network level, including DNS, HTTP, and SMB.
Security Clearance Requirements:
• TS/SCI w/Poly
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
• The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.