Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
The successful candidate will support overall network defense activities, provide in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected systems and network devices, perform necessary inspection and reverse-engineering activities to understand the behavior of software, determine the root cause for the presence of threats, and develop recommendations to counter threats.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities
• Conducting proof of concept testing
• Designing, testing, and integrating new security products as directed
• Beta testing new capabilities when directed, and conducting software testing as required (patches and other updates)
• Maintaining a robust library of documentation, to include network diagrams for cyber defense capabilities and sensors, and making documentation available to all personnel with appropriate need-to-know
• Providing engineering support for all primary systems, such as network-based intrusion detection and prevention systems
• Maintaining, updating, and conducting routine vulnerability scanning across all Sponsor networks
• Overseeing patching, hardening, and base-lining activities across all Sponsor networks, and ensuring all stakeholders are in compliance with patching/hardening requirements
• Maintaining, updating, configuring, and ensuring the successful deployment of logging/auditing tools across Sponsor networks
• Maintaining system baselines and configuration management items, including security event monitoring policies
• Working with all stakeholders to ensure complete and functioning systems that meet all requirements
• Ensuring all network defense capabilities are kept current, patched, and securely configured, and the management is informed of status
• Analyzing data flows into, out of, and across Sponsor networks to identify and rectify any security gaps
• Performing limited penetration testing into targeted networks as directed
Required Experience, Skills, & Technologies
• Experience working across a large team to drive a security agenda
• Experience working with complex, intertwined systems and data flows
• Significant, demonstrated experience meeting security requirements in the Sponsor's environment or similar environments (prior ISSE experience)
• Experience inventorying complex networks, and with all facets of network documentation (security compliance, configuration management, patching, centralized authentication, removable media, etc.)
• Hands-on experience with a wide range of diverse technologies/disciplines, especially with a security focus (networking, UNIX/Linux, Windows, Storage, Virtualization, etc.)
• Expert-level abilities in the following areas:
o Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring network security applications, network devices, encryption technologies, operating systems, and storage appliances
o Securing information technology infrastructures
o Monitoring network defense technologies and analyzing the outputs
o Identifying and/or innovating solutions or measures to protect networks within budgetary and/or infrastructure constraints
o Creating, maintaining, and communicating complex information technology documentation, particularly network and security documentation
o Executing penetration tests, formal assessments, and other formal information security and compliance inspections
• Significant, hands-on experience with security/monitoring tools such as Splunk, WhatsUp Gold, or similar tools.
• Self-starter with excellent people skills - able to work across teams, organize meetings/boards, and drive change throughout an organization
Desired Experience, Skills & Technologies
• CCNA and/or CISSP certification
• Experience with the Xacta 360 cyber risk and compliance automation tool
• Experience navigating the Sponsor's accreditation process and ICD 503 requirements
Security Clearance Requirements:
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.