DIEGO GARCIA: Firefighter
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Firefighters shall be cross trained in structural/crash fire rescue tactical procedures/responsibilities and provide support as required during crash fire rescue or structural emergencies.
- Locates fires in natural cover, structures, or aircraft and isolates involved area to prevent spreading to facilitate extinguishment.
- Deploy salvage and overhaul techniques reducing water damage by making catch basins and drain chutes.
- Place equipment, deploy hose lines, and operates apparatus such as pumpers (ARFF and support vehicles), nozzles, fire extinguishers, and ladders.
- Enters and ventilates aircraft, vehicles, buildings, and like structures to remove heat, smoke and gases, rescue personnel, and extinguish fire by direct coverage methods. Makes forced entry when required using portable power saws, rams, axes, sledges and bolt cutters.
- Rescues personnel from structures or aircraft, using ladders, ropes and nets.
- Removes equipment and other items from burning structures or aircraft to a safe area.
- Employs standard visual hand signals for vehicle and aircraft movements.
- Drives motorized firefighting and rescue trucks.
- Controls water or foam pressure by regulating bypass valves, governors, and gas throttles.
- Backs up for dispatching personnel as needed, monitors alarm boards, receives and transmits radio and telephone messages.
- Administers emergency medical care as an emergency medical responder, following departments SOP’s and protocols.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor, Incident Commander, Command Staff or Fire Chief.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must speak, read, and understand English language.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must hold country and Government driver’s license.
- Must pass physical IAW NFPA 1500 & 1582.
- Must have experience with computers and be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Subject to random drug testing.
- Must pass Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) annually.
- Must participate in the Physical Fitness Program (DoD I 6055.06).
- Maintain currency with all local proficiency and ancillary training IAW instructions, SOP’s & SOG’s
- All promotions have a 12 months probationary period. DoD CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete Department of Homeland Security, FEMA course (IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800).
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Firefighter I and II)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Airport Firefighter)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Pumper) is highly desired.
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF) is highly desired.
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Awareness)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Operations with Mission-Specific Competencies, Personal Protective Equipment, and Product Control)
- DoD Approved (CPR – American Heart Association – Health Care Provider)
- DoD Approved (Emergency Medical Responder)
- Must be at least high school, technical or vocational course graduate; Associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have 3 years of firefighting experience or IFSAC (or equal) Firefighter I certification.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.