DIEGO GARCIA: Fire Truck Driver/Operator
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for daily inspection, testing, operation, and cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Ensures proper rules for pump operation and hydraulic calculations are applied during fire pump operations.
- Ensures all vehicle tools and equipment are serviceable and takes preventive maintenance measures as required to ensure tools and equipment are in top operating condition.
- Responsible for the safe operation of the vehicle and safe arrival of crew members.
- Will accomplish driver’s training for other assigned personnel as required.
- Will remain proficient in all vehicle pump operation modes, and hydraulic calculations.
- Will maintain proficiency as a firefighter and assume duties as a firefighter as required.
- Will enter Crew Chief required training and assume role as acting Fire Lieutenant (Crew Chief) upon completion as required.
- Administers emergency medical care as an emergency medical responder, follow all department SOP’s and protocols.
- Shall comply with all safety rules and policies; safety infraction(s) are reason for termination.
- Subject to mandatory over-time and emergency recall.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by Supervisor, Incident Commander, Command Staff or Fire Chief.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Drivers/Operators shall be certified by the Emergency Vehicle Operator Course and shall obtain a government license.
- Drivers/Operators shall be certified by the Airfield Vehicle Operator Course provided by the Government.
- Must speak, read, and understand English language.
- Must be able to speak clearly using land mobile radios (LMR’s).
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must hold country and Government driver’s license.
- Must pass physical IAW NFPA 1500 & 1582.
- Must have experience with computers and be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Subject to random drug testing.
- Must pass Candidate Physical Agility Test (CPAT) annually.
- Must participate in the Physical Fitness Program (DoD I 6055.06). DoD CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Complete Department of Homeland Security, FEMA course (IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800).
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Firefighter I and II)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Airport Firefighter)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Pumper)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (Driver/Operator – Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting (ARFF)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Awareness)
- DoD/IFSAC/Pro Board (HAZMAT Operations with Mission-Specific Competencies, Personal Protective Equipment, and Product Control)
- DoD Approved (CPR – American Heart Association – Health Care Provider)
- DoD Approved (Emergency Medical Responder)
- Must complete all proficiency training timely.
- Must complete new training requirements set forth by the DoD Firefighter Certification Administration.
- Must be licensed for all assigned apparatus.
- Must enter Fire Officer I, Fire Inspector I and Fire Instructor I course training and fill in as acting Lieutenant (Lead Firefighter/Crew Chief) as needed for the Company Fire Officer position.
- Must be at least high school, technical or vocational course graduate; Associate or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must have 1-year experience as IFSAC/Pro-Board/DoD certified ARFF Firefighter IAW DOD 6055.06-M to be eligible for promotion to Driver-Operator.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.