DIEGO GARCIA: Electronics Works Center Manager
DESCRIPTION OF JOB TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the strategy, planning and management of the Ground Electronics or Work Center operations.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of avionics work, man-hours expended, job assignments and job priorities as well as supervising and coordinating the activities of workers engaged in the scheduled inspection, servicing, and maintenance of avionics equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance on radios, radars, meteorological services, air navigational aids, associated computers, and other electronic equipment.
- Ensures PMS and contract requirements are met.
- Applies policies, procedures and best practice processes to support Ground Electronics or Work Center operations.
- Coordinates the resource planning of the Ground Electronics operations including the work of the team, performance management and training.
- Prepares required reports and advises the Airfield Manager of outages or scheduled downtimes.
- Under general direction, uses specialized knowledge or skills to solve complex and unique problems, or direct the daily activities of a business, technical support, or functional support team.
- Uses experience and problem-solving skills to develop and improve processes.
- Manages the delivery of functional objectives by providing leadership and direction to team members.
BASIC JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills which enable to effectively liaise with clients, other departments within the organization, subcontractors and clients, and report directly to the Senior Management.
- Particular attention to details, good project management skills.
- Must pass overseas medical screening and be in good health.
- Must be contract oriented and computer literate in Microsoft Office software.
- Must have a valid and be able to obtain driver’s license with restriction code at least 2 or 3.
- Must have completed Airfield Vehicle Operators Instruction Course (AVOIC) Training and receive a license to operate vehicles on the airfield provided by the Government.
- Must have valid Secret Clearance.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: SPECIAL CERTIFICATIONS OR TRAINING
- Must have successfully completed the training and certification Marine Air Traffic Control is highly preferred:
- Aviation Maintenance Work Center Managers Course
- Aviation Maintenance Work Center Supervisor Course
- Completed training courses in Marine Air Traffic Control is highly preferred:
- AN/TRN-44A Tactical Air Navigation Set Maintenance Course
- AN/TRN-46 Tactical Air Navigation Set Maintenance Course
- AN/TRN-47 Tactical Air Navigation Set Maintenance Course
Completed training courses in Marine Corps Communication Electronics School (MCCES) is highly preferred:
Electronic Fundamentals Training Section (EFTS)
- Basic Electronics Course
- Advanced Electronics Course
Terminal Equipment Training Section (TETS)
- Telephone Systems / Personal Computer Repair Course (TSPCRC)
- Technical Controller Course (TCC)
- Electronics Maintenance Technicians Course (EMTC)
- Electronics Maintenance Supervisors Course (EMSC)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace, AeronauticalEngineering and Aviation Management, based on a four-year course of study from a U.S. or U.K. Aviation Colleges or Universities or equivalent institution is preferably.
- Prior U.S. Military background experience is highly desired.
Shall have at least ten (10) years of experience in a position of overall management responsibility for a Work Center like or greater than Diego Garcia Ground Electronics or Work Center operations along with experience working simultaneously in a multi-function base operation environment.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.