Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
IT Security Administrator (Supporting NASA at JSC)
The Infrastructure Operations and Support (IOS) IT Security Administrator will provide maintenance and support for the Medical and Mission Information Systems (MMIS) and Human Research Analog (HRA) systems in the Human Health and Performance Directorate at NASA, Johnson Space Center (JSC). Tasks will include focusing on improving the IT security posture thru vulnerability analysis, security plan maintenance, system patching and utilizing existing IT security tools of systems located at the JSC and in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This individual is accountable for Windows and application systems mitigation and continuous monitoring for IT Security compliance in accordance with current regulations. This includes both physical and virtual servers, network hardware, firewalls, switches, routers, storage area networks and wireless access points. Duties include tuning system performance, vulnerability remediation and installation of software using techniques and tools for the most efficient solutions to meet business needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for IT Security compliance for Windows servers systems and software
• Responsible for the installation and maintenance of security patches on Production, Integration, and Development systems
• Responsible for adherence to NASA IT Security Policies
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all PII data to which access has been granted
• Responsible for adhering to defined systems management and project management practices
• Responsible for assisting in the evaluation of new products, systems improvements, and upgrades
• Reports to the Team Lead for day-to-day functional activities
• Focus on continuous improvement with an emphasis on customer service
• Provide weekly status reports of work activities to Team Lead and IOS Discipline Lead
• Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards
• Perform additional duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
A Bachelor’s degree in a related area plus 10 years of experience in the information technology field, or equivalent experience.
Industry Standard Certifications; any AWS certification, CISSP, Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare and/or IT Security. Previous NASA experience
Knowledge of IT Security Plans or related IT Security documentation management
Knowledge of Risk management, vulnerability management or system patching and remediation.
Strong communication and customer skills
Experience with IT Security Audits and assessments. Knowledge of the AWS Cloud, VPN solutions, Encryption software, vulnerability scanning, anti-virus software with Splunk and Nessus Vulnerability Identification Tools
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.
Attempts to commit fraud against individuals has infiltrated the job placement market both on the internet and through direct phone or email contact. Such attempts have on occasion, included the unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers for employment or to extend fraudulent job offers. Bad actors may place advertisements for fake positions mixed with legitimate job postings, with false contact instructions for expressing interest of obtaining additional information. These misrepresentations typically include promises of high-paying jobs with the requirement that job seekers send sensitive personal information or money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees.
Please be advised that KBR will never ask a potential job seeker for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting or hiring process, and candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.