Systems Engineer - AI&T
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5445
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Activity Based Systems Engineer to support a GEOINT Acquisition Program Office responsible for the design, development, and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence data systems. The Acquisition Office provides innovative technical solutions for the acquisition and delivery of activity-based collection capabilities that provide timely and relevant intelligence to the user community. The position supports activities associated with Assembly, Integration, and Test (AI&T) over the system life-cycle.
Key skills / duties include:
- Provide system engineering requirements, technical analysis, verification and validation support in the area of architecture development of space-based systems
- Provide support to system concept and trade studies related to the design, development of space system hardware and software technologies to support acquisitions
- Review and evaluate AI&T artifacts at all levels (system, element, subsystem, and component)
- Perform technical analysis and assessments and develop briefings for program recommendations, technical exchange meetings, engineering review and configuration management control boards, PMP/failure/anomaly review boards, and program reviews.
- Support the development and evaluation of Statements of Work (SOWs), Request for Proposal (RFPs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Independent Program Review documentation, and other acquisition management/engineering documentation.
- Support program baseline management, CDRL evaluations, engineering change request processes, technical evaluation reviews for technical and programmatic impacts on contract and technical baselines.
- 8-10 years of experience with Bachelor’s of Science degree in engineering, system engineering, imaging science / remote sensing or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in activity-based collection, GEOINT missions
- Knowledgeable in tools and analysis methods required to develop and verify space systems and collection segment segment, element, sub-system requirements.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can partner with multiple teammates
- Master’s in engineering, physics, system engineering, imaging science / remote sensing or related technical discipline
- 10-12 years of experience in NRO GEOINT system acquisition and operations
- Knowledge of GEOINT systems CONOPS, design, and operations
- Major System Acquisition experience in NRO and IC acquisition processes and operational deployments
- Experience supporting L&I or system operations transition campaigns
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.