Systems Engineer (COMSEC)
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5351
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is looking for a Systems Engineer (COMSEC) to support one of our government customers in Chantilly, VA. This position will serve as a technical member of a dynamic systems engineering team supporting the GEOINT Ground (G2) organization. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- Lead GEOINT ground acquisition, integration and test initiatives with a specific focus area in the acquisition, tracking, testing and fielding of sensitive Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment, software and associated programmatic requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) to teams coordinating, establishing and assessing requirements, CONOPS and architecture products, assessing system and segment schedule and risks, supporting release planning events in support of system and acquisition-level ground milestones.
- Work within the GEOINT Ground organization, spanning multiple acquisition programs in varying stages of the program life-cycle.
- Interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
- B.S. in engineering, physics or related technical degree with the following experience in space/ground aerospace systems engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience working COMSEC accounts, acquisition, field deployment and accountability.
- At least 3 years’ experience with space/ground testing and systems engineering, systems integration, Verification, Validation and Transition (IVV&T) activities.
- At least 2 years’ experience supporting agile software development and verification strategies and integration of new systems and initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Experience with test strategies and plans, executing tests, analyzing data and summarizing results.
- Experience with Communications Security acquisition process and controls.
- Experience within an acquisition office in the NRO.
- Prior experience with GEOINT ground mission processing or mission control systems, and/or mission operations is highly desired.
- Experience with commercial IVV&T techniques in service-oriented architecture (SOA) environments is also highly desirable.
Security Clearance Requirements :ActiveTS/SCI clearance with Poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.