Specialty Engineering Technical Lead
Location VA - Alexandria
Req # 5598
Minimum Clearance Required Top Secret
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR-Centauri is seeking a Specialty Engineering Technical Lead to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA .
This strategic leader will mentor, organize, prioritize and execute Specialty Engineering activities in at least one discipline:
- Manufacturing, Quality and Value Engineering
- Human Systems Integration (HSI)
- System Safety Engineering
- Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) Engineering
You will work as part of a team responsible to establish, maintain, and propagate state-of-the-art engineering practice for the DoD. Team activities include:
- Organizing communities of practice that connect the engineering community to solve cross-cutting engineering challenges.
- Creating and using engineering guidance and standards that propagate best practices that are essential for warfighting success.
- Providing engineering expertise to support the DoD in areas of Systems Engineering, Modular Open Systems Approaches, Digital Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Software Engineering, and various Specialty Engineering disciplines.
Engineering Best Practices
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
Specialty Engineering Leadership
- Advance the Practice:
- Review modernization priorities and related technologies, legislation, policies, procedures, practices, guidance, standards, handbooks, tools, DoD workforce skills and training in coordination with DoD organizations, DoD Components, other federal agencies, and academic and industry partners.
- Make recommendations to advance the practice of the specialty engineering disciplines
- Propose updates and changes that improve acquisition lifecycle outcomes, integrated with the Defense Acquisition System.
- Identify advancements, lessons learned and best practices, and promulgate them through direct interaction with DoD customers.
- Improve and Support Defense Acquisition Programs and Projects:
- Technical assessments and reviews of programs and projects with regard to engineering disciplines.
- Provide technical assessments and recommendations to improve outcomes over the lifecycle of these programs and projects, aligning with policy, guidance, standards and best practices.
- Provide cost and benefit analyses of recommendations to support leadership decisions concerning lifecycle cost, schedule and performance tradeoffs for these programs and projects.
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- B.S. degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with R&D program managers as well as organization leadership; tracking task order efforts to rapidly identify and resolve potential and new problems; and identifying and resolving administrative and contractual issues related to a support services contract.
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
- Master's of Science Degree
- Capable of leading, mentoring, organizing, prioritizing and executing Specialty Engineering activities with 10+ years’ experience in multiple Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- 15+ years’ experience in field related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- More than one active professional certification, or academic certificate obtained within five years, related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and mitigate risks and issues, andexploit opportunities on behalf of DoD.
- Demonstrated experience creating and updating DoD policy, guidance and training to achieve goals in the National Defense Strategy related to Specialty Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple warfighting domains.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced and emerging technology areas such as autonomy, cloud computing and artificial intelligence.
- Demonstrated creativity, foresight, initiative and mature judgment in anticipating and solving difficult problems.
- Demonstrated experience with digital engineering, digital transformation and datacentric operations.
Security Requirements: Active Top Secret / SCI (TS/SCI) security clearance
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.