Systems Engineering Technical Lead
Location VA - Alexandria
Req # 5600
Minimum Clearance Required Top Secret
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR-Centauri is seeking a Systems Engineering Technical Lead to join our growing team in Alexandria, VA .
This team will establish, maintain, and propagate state-of-the-art engineering practice for the DoD. Activities include:
- Organizing communities of practice that connect the engineering community to solve cross-cutting engineering challenges.
- Creating and using engineering guidance and standards that propagate best practices that are essential for warfighting success.
- Providing engineering expertise to support OUSD(R&E) in areas of Systems Engineering, Modular Open Systems Approaches, Digital Engineering, Modeling and Simulation, Software Engineering, and various Specialty Engineering disciplines.
Engineering Best Practices
- Support the creation, maintenance, and participate in Communities of Practice (CoPs), Working Groups (WGs), Bodies of Knowledge (BoKs), and similar groups. Participate in outside agency CoPs, WGs, and data repositories. Investigate current trends in knowledge management and manage capability to index and archive developed products.
- Technical lead to help develop recommended courses of actions. Advise and support assessments of transitioning OUSD(R&E) developed technologies.
- Provide expert advice, advocacy, guidance, reporting, documentation, outreach, and engagement (nationally and internationally) with external organizations. Identify obstacles to an interoperable engineering community.
- Support the Government Accountability Office (GAO), Inspector General (IG) and Congressional report review process by reviewing, preparing quality comments and recommendations related to engineering and risk assessment.
- Oversee the planning involved in national and international meetings.
State of the Art Systems Engineering
- Support the updating of policy and guidance and evolving DoD engineering culture, adding rigor to advanced DoD engineering practices.
- Advance and Support Modular Open Systems Approaches (MOSA).
- Supports the development and fielding of cutting-edge technology and weapon systems to meet National Security Missions and ensure technology dominance across the acquisition lifecycle.
- 10+ years of related experience, preferably in the Aerospace and Defense industry.
- B.S. degree in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline.
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships with R&D program managers as well as organization leadership; tracking task order efforts to rapidly identify and resolve potential and new problems; and identifying and resolving administrative and contractual issues related to a support services contract.
- Experience interfacing with Joint Staff, Services, and warfighters to coordinate engineering and analysis needs and analytic results.
- Master's of Science Degree.
Security Requirements: Active Top Secret with SCI (TS/SCI)
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.