Location TX - San Antonio
Req # 5584
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is currently seeking a talented Sensor Technician to support the 33rd Network Warfare Squadron (NWS) Computer Response Team located at the Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX.
Responsibilities and Duties
Sensor Technical services are performed on-site in the Mission Assurance Operations (MAO) flight 24-hours a day (24/7/365).
The responsibilities and duties of the Sensor Technician include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform ACD Sensor Technical services supporting mission networks
- Install, configure and manage Third Party IDS/IPS sensors in addition to troubleshooting, maintaining, monitoring the status of the entire ACD and Third-Party IDS/IPS sensor fleet
- Functions include performance on IOP gateway and Fly Away Kits (FAK) sensors, Cloud Shield, Palo Alto, McAfee IDS/IPS deployments, Full Packet Capture/Network Technology and Systems Administration (FPC/NTSA) systems, ArcSight and sensor fleet specialized applications (such as Fidelis), emerging IDS/IPS technologies and associated network infrastructure [Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)/Virtual Private Network (VPN) concentrator], equipment/configurations and other Gateway, boundary and Third Party sensors
- Sustain the development and documentation of processes and checklists for maintenance associated with those systems
- Be trained, and certified by internal Quality Assurance Evaluator (QAE) personnel IAW QA processes
- Maintain its respective certifications IAW QA processes for maintenance functions
- Incorporate approved vendor trouble ticketing procedures (internal and external) for completion of ACD Sensor Tech taskings
- Maintain and manage software upgrades and patches and perform system changes for the IDS/IPS sensors ensuring proper configuration to Defense Information Systems Agency Security Technical Implementation Guide (DISA (STIG)) and AF (AFI and TO) standards to minimize the potential of unauthorized intrusions
- Deploy to any DoD network gateway, boundary or third-party location with the necessary equipment to install IDS/IPS sensor(s), servers and network infrastructure hardware. Conduct the daily private key management
- Deploy additional new string matches and alerts to all deployed IDS/IPS sensors in support of mission requirements
- Deploy correlation rule sets base boundary (aka enclave control node, ECN) to correctly identify and process system alerts in support of mission requirements.
- Filter or "omit” sensor traffic
- Alert reporting activity does not need to be reviewed in a "real-time" operation by the analysts
- Monitor the effectiveness of the IDS/IPS sensor’s ability to collect and report suspicious network activity on AF networks
- Diagnostic testing and troubleshooting either remotely or through a local System Administration having direct access to the IDS/IPS sensor.
- Respond to inoperable systems is immediate
- Troubleshooting and fault isolation to sustain network connectivity between the correlators and sensor equipment, maintain COTS and GOTS sensor applications, harden Access Control Lists (ACL) to restrict unauthorized access to network, create and manage sensor user accounts, and assign the user specific rights to access network resources
- Work with AF field units to resolve network issues and perform actions necessary to ensure IDS/IPS sensors are collecting and reporting network activity
- Diagnose and resolve end user problems, and ensure the end users adhere to the proper security policies and procedures
- Active Top-Secret Clearance SCI
- Must be a US Citizen
Education and Required Skills
- 3 years’ experience with ACD Sensor Technical services
- High School Degree or GED
- IAT Level I IS & CND (CompTIA Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Sec) required
- CEH certification
Required Certifications: DoDD 8570 IAT Level II IS & CND Support; and Linux+, Red Hat or CCNA
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.