Senior RF Engineer
Location VA - Reston
Req # 5093
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a motivated Senior RF Engineer to work onsite with one of our Intelligence Community customers in Reston, VA.
- Demonstrated experience in RF signal processing to include experience with detection of low-powered RF and RF processing technique alternatives.
- Knowledge of signaling and signal processing techniques such as noise suppression, matched filtering, RF modulation and band limiting, as well as digital communication modulation and demodulation techniques. Experience conducting RF digital and analog data analysis.
- Engineer shall have demonstrated experience designing and using tools and techniques to evaluate and analyze RF data.
- Advising staff on best technical approaches for RF technical collection
- Writing, evaluating, and coordinating experimental test plans
- Surveying government, academia, and industry RF initiatives that pertain to the mission.
- Developing models, simulations, and algorithms for use in technical collection, Analyses of Alternatives, or trade studies
- Evaluating sensor data for suitability and processing sensor data; authoring CONOPs; and performing technical evaluations of proposals and systems.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, Java, C, C++, Linux, or other programming tools.
- Knowledge of communications techniques including carrier wave transmission and reception, Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS), Frequency Hopping (FH) and/or Forward Error Correction (FEC) coding/decoding techniques.
- Experience in transmission patterns and evaluating signal characteristics.
- Experience conducting RF propagation modeling and analysis.
- Experience in handling large data bases for large volume/multi-core data processing and advanced signal detection theory. Mathworks or similarly applicable technical certification
- Bachelors’ Degree of Science with minimum 10 years’ experience or Masters’ Degree in Physics or Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Security Requirements: Active TS/SCI CI Poly security clearance required.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.