Computer Vision Engineer
Location VA - Springfield
Req # 5245
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Life-Cycle Acquisition Engineer to join our team supporting the NGA in Springfield, VA
- Conducting research and experimentation in support of the core sciences within NGA (e.g. photogrammetry, remote sensing, mathematical and statistical).
- Designing and executing experiments to proof-of-concepts in both laboratory and operational environments.
- Training users in new or modified software.
- Determining system performance standards.
- Analyzing user needs and software requirements.
- Technical studies on geospatial intelligence and image processing systems.
- Modifying existing software to correct errors, or improve performance, and to document and maintain software functionality.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree within a core science area.
- Experience Summary (20 total/15 specialized)
- Demonstrated specialized experience with NTM, commercial and airborne sources and exploitation capabilities.
- Computer programming skills in multiple languages.
- Demonstrated specialized experience in the intelligence community focused on state of the art GEOINT research and developmental activities.
- Demonstrated specialized experience in researching and developing geospatial solutions for photogrammetry and remote sensing.
- Demonstrated specialized experience in the following areas: Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and Image Intelligence (IMINT).
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated specialized experience working with various Intelligence Community and demonstrated specialized experience in the intelligence and defense communities working on state-of-the-art research activities.
- Advanced Degree(s) in a technical or scientific field.
- Published author in peer review journal(s).
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering tools to write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Demonstrated specialized experience developing and modifying software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying system flows and work processes.
- Demonstrated specialized experience working with other systems analysts and programmers to design system.
- Demonstrated specialized Experience with, and knowledge of Microsoft Developer Studio, modular software, and object-oriented design.
- Demonstrated understanding of Relational Databases, SQL, and ORM technologies)
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud computing platforms; i.e. AWS, and XML schema design
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Poly is required to be considered for this position
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.