Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Location VA - Alexandria
Req # 5485
Minimum Clearance Required TS/SCI
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer with expertise in cyber analysis, design, and test of complex systems with knowledge and understanding of U.S. Government and DoD Cyber strategy.
This team provides technical expertise to support government leaders in developing System Engineering Plans and developmental test and evaluation strategies as part of a Test and Evaluation Master Plan across six warfighting domains:
- Air Warfare
- Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) / Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications (NC3) Systems
- Land Warfare
- Naval Warfare
- Strategic Missile Systems (Offensive and Defensive)
- Space Systems
The team will focus on the innovative application of technology and works with a robust network of transition partners within and external to the DoD to mitigate gaps through accelerated prototyping, demonstration, and fielding, with the ultimate goal of operational sustainment.
- Support Warfare Domain Teams who manage acquisition programs to develop comprehensive cybersecurity development and test strategies to support the development of cyber resilient systems.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in program technical activities
- Monitor cyber engineering efforts and test activity
- Maintain communications with PM offices and component counterparts
- Review all program-related documentation available to OSD to maintain cognizance of cyber planning, development, and execution activities for all assigned programs
- Provide cybersecurity expertise to support the DTE&A Cybersecurity Technical Advisor to develop, identify, and share best practices across the Department, clarify DoD policy and guidance, communicate OSD expectations, and provide advice on program strengths, issues, and risks
Required Qualifications :
- 10+ years' work experience in DoD related cyber security, IT, and associated experience
- Bachelor’s of Science in a scientific, engineering or other applicable technical or analytical discipline
- The Senior Cyber Engineer is an expert in cyber analysis, design, and test of complex systems with knowledge and understanding of U.S. Government and DoD Cyber strategy. Ability to analyze cyber resilience and survivability requirements, translate requirements into designs, implement designs, and test effectiveness.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in applying cybersecurity concepts, cybersecurity architecture and engineering principles, security of networks, systems, applications and data. Thorough understanding of principles and techniques associated with cyberspace threats, and offensive and defensive cyberspace operations.
- Knowledge and experience with vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Professional Certifications: (DoD8570 compliant)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Certified Network Engineer (CCNE).
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)(DESIRED).
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP).
- AWS Solutions Architect.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- Master's of Science Degree
- Demonstrated understanding of security standards and information security and compliance frameworks, controls and best practices (e.g., SSAE 16, SOC 2 and SOC3, OWASP Top 10, SANS, NIST). Knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework, processes and best practices related to the management of information and technology risks.
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI (TS/SCI)
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.