Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
RF Communications Systems Engineer
Location NM - Albuquerque
Req # 5612
Minimum Clearance Required Clearance Eligibility
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is a technology-driven company providing high-end, creative software and engineering solutions to critical national security missions across space, cyber, ISR, missile defense and intelligence domains. Bringing together the brightest minds in STEM, intelligence operations and analysis, with a culture that attracts innovators, difference-makers and entrepreneurs, our teams are dedicated to solving the most complex challenges to help keep our nation safe. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a motivated RF Communications Systems Engineer to work onsite at the Joint Navigation Warfare Center (JNWC) qualified candidate will have broad spectrum of experience working in the development, analysis and modeling of end user equipment and radio frequency signals. Our engineers work in a cross-discipline environment; Tasks will blend together hardware & software engineering, Position Navigation and Timing (PNT), Software Defined Radio (SDR) development, and RF network driven systems/solutions.
· Provide RF engineering design and analysis assessments for user equipment and waveform development.
· Develop plans and integrate user equipment with a variety of RF system and networks.
· Conduct assessments including modulation techniques, antennae characteristics, software defined radio methodology, digital signal processing, and GNU standards
· Conduct test design; anomaly resolution; system deployment and sustainment support.
· Perform or assist in design, development, installation and testing of operational equipment in lab and test range environments
· 3+ years’ experience working in RF communications development industry
· Experience with RF communications systems engineering and/or integration is highly desired
· Experience with RF antenna design, analog and digital signal conversion is highly desired
· Experience with waveforms, waveform design, and characteristics reducing probability of detection/interception (I & Q Signal Processing and Algorithm development)
· Experience with Digital Signal Processors and the application to perform traditional and non-traditional functions
· Experience with Position Navigation Timing, RF interception, and geo location techniques
· Experience with user equipment (to include mobile devices), data transport and processing across local wide area and global networks for information transfer is highly desired
· Familiarity with foundational concepts of cognitive radios and technology leveraging for a range of purposes
· Proficiency in using Matlab, Simulink GIANT, STK, and/or other modeling, simulating, or analyzing tools is highly desired
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Education: Bachelors of Science Degree in STEM or related discipline; or equivalent experience.
Travel: Some travel may be required. Security Requirements: TS/SCI security clearance required or the ability to obtain one
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.