On-Site Factory Support Payload Engineer
Location MD - Linthicum
Req # 5352
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR requires an experienced Payload Engineer to provide sustained on-site Factory Support to assist in overseeing the design, manufacturing, assembly, and integration and test activities of a payload for a satellite program. This position is based in Linthicum, MD and will require 10-25% travel. The selected candidate will be the lead for supporting the acquisition of the payload and will also be an integral participant in the satellite payload support to satellite bus integration. Key areas of focus include the integration of lower-level assemblies and electronics hardware, and payload environmental and performance testing.
- Provide direct support in factory to USG to assist in overseeing the design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and test activities of a RADAR payload for satellite program
- Support the USG customer in the oversight of subsystem hardware development, integration, and test activities at the subcontractor and associated vendor facilities
- Review test plans/procedures, test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved plans, and provide feedback to the USG customer
- Review hardware sell-off package reports, hardware build and integration plans/procedures, ERB packages, FRB reports, etc.
- Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic risks at the system/subsystem level and then work with the Prime/Subcontractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches
- Develop productive relationships with Prime/Subcontractor counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter experts
- Track development issues, significant accomplishments and upcoming events and provide weekly status updates, oral and in writing (email) to the customer
- Perform in-depth review and analysis of programmatic (cost, schedule, Earned Value) detail in addition to technical (performance) detail
- Attend system, subsystem and segment level design reviews and program management reviews to assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide informed technical recommendations to the USG
- Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as required
- Attend contractor and subcontractor boards (Failure review, PM&P, configuration, risk management, etc.) and provide feedback to the customer
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline and (10) years or more of experience; or Master’s and eight (8) years of experience
- Experience with the programmatic, manufacturing, and design engineering aspects of RF and satellite hardware
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of DOD/IC satellite systems and architectures
- Experience in satellite unit, subsystem, system, and satellite level electrical, mechanical, and performance testing
- Experience in payload design and testing
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a government/contractor team environment
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a remote environment (contractor facility)
- Previous experience working in a SETA role strongly desired
- Available to travel domestically
Security Clearance Requirements: ACTIVE TS/SCI with current CI Poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.