Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5443
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Security Officer to support a GEOINT Acquisition Program Office responsible for the design, development, and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence data systems. The Acquisition Office provides innovative technical solutions for the acquisition and delivery of activity-based collection capabilities that provide timely and relevant intelligence to the user community.
Key skills / duties include:
- Provide security support services (Primary and Secondary security responsibilities for one or more GEOINT/ SPO programs, demos, technical exchange meetings, staff meetings, telecons, Program Management Reviews/Preliminary Design Reviews/Critical Design Reviews (PMRs/PDRs/CDRs or other GEOINT/ SPO activities (e.g. conferences, training) to meet all applicable NRO and IC security policies and standards.
- Provide day-to-day security advice and guidance in areas of physical, operational, administrative, personnel, communications, and Automated Information System (AIS) security.
- Review and write evaluations of security proposals and plans.
- Prepare and review security documentation such as Program Protection Plans, Class Guides, DD 254's and Contract Data Classification Worksheets.
- Monitor security for programs and coordinate communications and network security requirements.
- Maintain interfaces with internal NRO elements, other government security elements, and GEOINT/ SPO contractor security reps to discuss and resolve security issues.
- Conduct risk assessments and analysis, development of mitigation plans and concepts of operation to support threat assessments and vulnerability analysis.
- Support development of a comprehensive security program that encompasses personnel, information assurance, and facilities, in accordance with the sponsor's requirements.
- Manage and track compliance with NRO security requirements to ensure security issues are addressed and security approval is obtained.
- Ensure that any person with privileged user access to NRO Authorized Systems shall comply with NRO privileged user directives (ND 52-20) and corresponding instructions. This includes but is not limited to successful completion of polygraphs, background investigations, and training.
- Support the development and evaluation of Statements of Work (SOWs), Request for Proposal (RFPs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Independent Program Review documentation, and other acquisition management/engineering documentation.
- Support program baseline management, CDRL evaluations, engineering change request processes, technical evaluation reviews for technical and programmatic impacts on contract and technical baselines.
- Associates degree in related security management discipline or minimum of 4-6 years of on-the-job (OJT) or Professional Development security certification and relevant training
- 3-5 years of experience in TS/SCI and SAP environments
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with Customer tools and processes for security and information management activities.
- Ability to travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree in related security management discipline or minimum of 5-8 years of on-the-job (OTJ) experience or Professional Development security certification and relevant training
- Experience in program office/staff environment and with Customer and development contractor facilities.
- Experience supporting development and review of Program Protection Plans and development contractor CDRLs.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.