Systems Engineer - Model-Based Systems Engineer
Location VA - Chantilly
Req # 5415
Minimum Clearance Required CI Poly
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
KBR is seeking a highly motivated Activity Based MBSE Systems Engineer to support a GEOINT Acquisition Program Office responsible for the design, development, and acquisition of geospatial-intelligence data systems. The Acquisition Office provides innovative technical solutions for the acquisition and delivery of activity-based collection capabilities that provide timely and relevant intelligence to the user community.
Key skills / duties include:
- Generation and review of system engineering and integration artifacts and presentations required for system lifecycle readiness processes and milestone reviews, initialization, and transition to operations from a Model-Based System Engineering approach.
- Provide subject matter expertise in space system engineering to support activities including interface definition, requirements development and flowdown, space-to-ground integration, verification and ops validation, deployment, and operations.
- Perform analysis and assessments and develop briefings for program recommendations, technical exchange meetings, program office and NRO level engineering review and configuration management control boards, and program reviews.
- Support the development and evaluation of Statements of Work (SOWs), Request for Proposal (RFPs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Independent Program Review documentation. and other acquisition management/engineering documentation.
- Support program baseline management, CDRL evaluations, engineering change request processes, technical evaluation reviews for technical and programmatic impacts on contract and technical baselines.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in engineering, system engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- 5-9 years of experience in space systems engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in activity-based collection, GEOINT missions
- Experience in satellite development, integration, test, verification, and initialization
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter who can partner with multiple teammates
- Ability to travel as required
- Master’s in engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline
- 9-12 years of experience in GEOINT space system engineering
- Knowledge of GEOINT command and control systems design, CONOPS, and operations
- Knowledge of NRO Space-to-Ground Interfaces and Architectures
- Major System Acquisition experience in NRO and IC acquisition processes
- Experience with software testing, Agile development, and verification and validation of complex systems
- Experience supporting launch, initialization, or system transition campaigns
- Active Top Secret / SCI + poly
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.