Environmental Monitoring Mission Engineering Lead - Systems Engineer
Location CO - Colorado Springs
Req # 5540
Minimum Clearance Required Top Secret
Thank you for your interest in joining the KBR team. Together, we can leverage the next generation of advanced technologies to deliver industry-leading capabilities across land, air, sea, space, and cyberspace. Our goal is to deliver innovative solutions using an agile, mission-first approach to address the most difficult technical challenges facing our customers. The only way that we can tackle these challenges is by recruiting the brightest minds in the industry to join our team.
Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the U.S. Space Force (USSF) in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground system Warfighter operational capabilities for missile warning/missile tracking (MW/MT) and terrestrial and space based environmental monitoring (TEM/SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable Combatant Commanders (CCMDs) to successfully plan and execute global air, naval and troop movement mission objectives by providing mission-critical terrestrial weather data and monitoring the space and solar environmental impacts to our satellite communications and position, navigation, and timing space systems.
The KBR Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has a need for a Senior Systems Engineer to act as our Environmental Monitoring Mission Engineering Lead. This opportunity can be in either Los Angeles, CA or Colorado Springs, CO.
- Responsible for Mission and Systems Engineering for current systems, definition of future capabilities in support of pervasive and foundational cross functional support, architecture framework definition and substantiation for TEM/SBEM.
- Developing modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Developing algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system designs to quantify performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, Scenarios/Vignettes based on current and evolving threats.
- Conducting mission capability area modeling, simulation, and performance analysis of current and future candidate system solutions to provide decision-makers with the analytical rigor to select the most survivable and affordable architectural solutions.
- Performing capability assessments, requirements development, trade studies, candidate concept assessments and technology readiness level (TRL) maturity assessments to fill technology needs.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools
- Developing DoD TEM/SBEM capability area mission architectures that integrate with NOAA, NASA, International and Commercial capabilities to deliver timely solutions to the Warfighter.
- Interfacing with USSF, NOAA, NASA, International, Commercial and SMC stakeholders to develop implementation strategies and capability area roadmaps.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF.
- Experience conducting environmental mission and architectural capability analytical trades by designing and modeling the behavior of the ground and space segment systems required to deliver the next generation of Environmental Mission Capabilities for the USSF in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Math, Science or Engineering
- 17+ Years of demonstrated experience in system engineering and integration experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NOAA/NASA, and Commercial Weather Space-Based and Weather Ground systems.
- Strong understanding of modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools.
- Experience applying MBSE models, tools, and techniques to capture system functions, services, interfaces, requirements, and concept of operations to support system design and supporting analysis activities.
- Candidate should have experience with space and terrestrial Weather systems, ground and space system acquisition, and system engineering experience.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Experience in acquisition and program management within the Air Force community
- Prior experience with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), DoD, International and Commercial terrestrial, and space weather satellite programs.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and requirements databases such as Sparx Enterprise Architect, No Magic Cameo, or other comparable MBSE tools.
- Experience with MATLAB, STK, MODTRAN, SSGM or other comparable modeling & simulation tools.
- Active TS/SCI Highly Desired
Security Clearance Requirement: Must have active Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI clearance.
$180,000 - $200,000 – Colorado Springs
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.